Closed Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: 1 week away and the GMEN SWAMEE Says trade for Braylon and draft Britt and Robinskie

[quote user="oldschoolGMEN"]I was trying to make a point to another guy. you did not follow the posts. My original post stands to trade Smith a 2 and 5 for Edwards. One guy would not make that trade and that is moronic. He basically was saying that it is not worth trading Smith to get Edwards since theh #2 and #5 picks are only trading potential players who have no real value yet as they have not played a single down in teh NFL yet. That is why Cleveland wants someone of value now plus two picks who have potential. Cleveland will not make the trade unless they get someone who has NFL value. You are right Cleveland is not stupid and they want to egt something to give up something. The only way we could trade for Edwards without giving up players if we gave Cleveland a #1, #2 and #3 or #1, 2 of or #2's . you have to give up soemthing to get soemthing.
    [/quote]

Why would I need to follow the posts when I'm commenting on your lack of debating skills? I don't care that you think trading Smith is a good idea. It's your opinion and your entitled to it. It's WRONG, but that's a horse of a different color.

The problem I have with your opinion is how you present it and challange everyone elses opinion with moronic arguements such as "you know nothing about football". I know you don't see it, but it makes you look stupid. It's a rather sophomoric stradegy. Presenting facts to back your opinion is a better way to go.

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Re: 1 week away and the GMEN SWAMEE Says trade for Braylon and draft Britt and Robinskie

[quote user="riot"]GMEN SWAMEE should take his turbin and hang himself with it[/quote]

LMFAO!!!! I just spit coffee all over my keyboard!!!!

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Veteran

Smith>Hixon

especially if trading for a #1 wide receiver

Robiskie is my favorite rookie

So you want to trade our best remaining WR (who by the way is the only WR we have that has shown that he can perform in a big game), then you want to use our first 3 draft picks (including the one that you have us trading for Braylon) on WR's????

Keep your day job my friend.

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="oldschoolGMEN"]Read this and understand one thing you need to trade something someone wants to get something we need. You do not think Hixon is more valuable on special teams then you really do not watch Giant games or understand football. Hixon is better than Smith for all the reasons I stated. Hixon is better than Smith. There are many #2 players like Smith you can develop but there are very few special team players liuke Hixon who are so versitale.
    I will say it again you have to trade something someone wants to get something we need. Read thata 100o times and maybe you will get it.
    [/quote]

Ill say it again.....I stopped reading at trade Smith.......

why does everyone think a WR is a WR is a WR?

yes Hixon can run back kicks...so can Bradshaw...is he now more valuable than BJ?
    so can Ross is he more valuable than Webster?

I dont think YOU understand football friend.....Smith will be as good a possession guy as any above average guy in the league who makes his money in the middle of the field..

Smith for Edwards makes no sense........apples and oranges........
    dont get me wrong I dont want to lose Hixon either .....

I would part with Kiwi before any reciever

[/quote]

The only valid point he makes is about Hixon returning kicks but neither of them should be traded for Edwards. But when you say Badshaw can return kicks you are saying he can catch it. He is no threat and neither is Moss. If we don't have Hixon returning kicks we really have no threat with any other player on the team.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Sorry oldschool,but i have to agree with everyone else.Your post just dosnt make any sence. If they traded for Edwards they wouldnt draft Britt and Robiskie after that.Besides i dont think Robiskie will be there at the Giants 2nd #2 pick.Im also not sure Britt will be there at #1 pick.

[quote user="sodbuster"]trade a guy who catches every thing throwen to him and is a clutch reciever .for a guywho can't catch when he is open lead the league in drops. is not a clutch reciever .. just settight and draft brit or who ever falls to us. nicks or berden in the 2nd or the 3rd[/quote]

I don't want them to get Edwards either, but don't say the guy can't catch. He did lead the league last year in drops but to say he can't catch is just wrong.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Hixon's a good return man but the Giants have already shown you that they are not going to use him much in the return game if he is lining up regularly as a #1 or #2 WR, so what does it matter? If he's returning a lot of kicks for the Giants, it will mean that he is not seing the field much as a WR.

Ok here are the facts. Please answer Yes or No before you call anyone stupid.

The fact is we need an experienced #1 receiver. ?
    The fact is Edwards is better than Smith ?
    The fact is a #2 receiver is easier to replace either on our team or in the draft ?
    The fact is Hixon is more valuable to the Giants than Smith ?

If you answered Yes to all the questions then you have your facts.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]Hixon's a good return man but the Giants have already shown you that they are not going to use him much in the return game if he is lining up regularly as a #1 or #2 WR, so what does it matter? If he's returning a lot of kicks for the Giants, it will mean that he is not seing the field much as a WR.[/quote]

Wha.........is that...........logic? Sorry, I hadn't seen that in a while. I almost didn't recognize it.