+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz a Patriot?

WOW, I'm surprised you none of thinks this could be an issue. But until Vic's name is on a deal, I'm gonna worry.

The Pats don't have a 1st for this season. I imagine they'll pursue Danny Amendola if they can't work something out with Welker.

They are one of the few teams who have a lot of CAP space and could easily make an offer we wouldn't match. Cruz would a great replacement for Welker. The Patriots are usually awash with draft picks. This season here's what they have

1st Round (#29 Overall)
    2nd Round (#59 Overall)
    3rd Round (#91 Overall)
    7th Round (Bucs – Aqib Talib)
    7th Round

I don't know if they have any compensatory picks in the wings but from the looks of what they do have, I don't see them giving up their 1st.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-10-2013 at 05:51 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The Pats don't have a 1st for this season. I imagine they'll pursue Danny Amendola if they can't work something out with Welker.
    They do have a 1st this year actually.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    They do have a 1st this year actually.
    Huh, nevermind then, I must've misread.

Bench Player
    The Pats have 4 picks; 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 7th. There is no way they are going to give up a 1st rounder for Cruz. The Pats need to fix their secondary and will probably go for a DE/OLB in the second and take a developmental WR. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats look to move up for Trufant in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by elitocruz View Post
    Profootballtalk.com reporting Welker and Lloyd could be on the way out in NE. I don't know what it is, and I've said it before on this board, but Belichick scares me regarding Cruz. I think he'd give up a 1st rounder in a second to get Cruz there. #-1 he has tons of picks from previous trades. #-2, he'll have a need, if he releases those 2 guys. #-3. I look at what he did with the Ballard B.S last year, and I think he'd just love to stick it to us.

I don't know his cap situation, but I'm concerned.

Any of you guys feel the same, or am I paranoid?
    Insert Black Sabbath here

Quote Originally Posted by KevRDK View Post
    The Pats have 4 picks; 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 7th. There is no way they are going to give up a 1st rounder for Cruz. The Pats need to fix their secondary and will probably go for a DE/OLB in the second and take a developmental WR. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats look to move up for Trufant in the draft.
    Never say never
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Never say never
    Never

Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

As much as we praise him, no team gives a #1 for Cruz.

+ Reply to Thread