+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cruz a Patriot?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    The thing with Ballard was to probably try and see if BB could get some information out of him about the Giants schemes.
    Plus, why would the patriots give up a first round pick for Cruz when there a load of WR talents in Free Agency. Dwayne Bowe, Jennings, Hartline, Wallace

I still the the book on how to value a slot receiver in this league is being written. I don't think any owners, coach, player, or agent has any realm of an idea as to what the best slot receiver in the game should be making.

I just dont see any team giving up a first round pick for Cruz AND paying Cruz two or three times what they'd pay a first round pick. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot (twice). Just doesn't make sense, especially the way he played down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    I just dont see any team giving up a first round pick for Cruz AND paying Cruz two or three times what they'd pay a first round pick. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot (twice). Just doesn't make sense, especially the way he played down the stretch.
    Teams like proven winners. Cruz has lead this team's receivers for the two years he's been here, setting a franchise record his first year. The Pats have Welker who is aging and may not be re-signed. Cruz would make perfect sense in their offense if they want to give up the pick. They have clsoe to $20M in CAP space so money won't be as much of a problem as it will be here.

I still don't think they'll do it, but only because they don't have all of their draft picks in 2013.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Honestly, I can see Cruz in a Patriots uniform. I wouldn't put it past any GM to give up a 1st for Cruz. He's probably the best all-around WR in FA right now. I would certainly give up a 1st if I was already planning on drafting a WR in rounds 1 or 2.
    Last edited by Rush4Blitz2; 02-12-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
    Honestly, I can see Cruz in a Patriots uniform. I wouldn't put it past any GM to give up a 1st for Cruz. He's probably the best all-around WR in FA right now. I would certainly give up a 1st if I was already planning to drafting a WR in the rounds 1 or 2.
    We'll know soon enough
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Honestly I could see Dallas giving up a first for Cruz, or at least attempting to (they're in a lot of cap hell as well right now, so we could potentially match any offer they'd make). Cruz was also a cowboys fan before signing with the Giants... yeah it would suck...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Honestly I could see Dallas giving up a first for Cruz, or at least attempting to (they're in a lot of cap hell as well right now, so we could potentially match any offer they'd make). Cruz was also a cowboys fan before signing with the Giants... yeah it would suck...
    I just threw up in my mouth a little..

Wallace, Bowe, Jennings, Amendola, Welker and Hartline are all FAs that require no draft compensation. Teams looking to pay for a WR can probably find better value and not send Reese a 1st rounder.

Dallas already has a shifty slot guy in Austin.
    Cincy has cap space to sign any two guys they want. Why give up a pick ?

NE might do it. The last 3-4 picks in the draft are almost untradeable and the players available are no better than the second rounders. They have some money to spend and like shifty inside guys to pair up with their two TE sets. I could see BB thinking that if he has to pay 7m/yr for a slot receiver he might as well be 26 instead of 32.

There is absolutely no way we could match a NE deal. BB would put a poison pill in the contract so matching it would be impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    Wallace, Bowe, Jennings, Amendola, Welker and Hartline are all FAs that require no draft compensation. Teams looking to pay for a WR can probably find better value and not send Reese a 1st rounder.

Dallas already has a shifty slot guy in Austin.
    Cincy has cap space to sign any two guys they want. Why give up a pick ?

NE might do it. The last 3-4 picks in the draft are almost untradeable and the players available are no better than the second rounders. They have some money to spend and like shifty inside guys to pair up with their two TE sets. I could see BB thinking that if he has to pay 7m/yr for a slot receiver he might as well be 26 instead of 32.

There is absolutely no way we could match a NE deal. BB would put a poison pill in the contract so matching it would be impossible.
    There's no poison pill involved. They make him an offer, give up a first and when the Giants can't match (and the Pats would know where that line is) Cruz is a Patriot.

I don't think they will , but it's not beyond possible

# 80