+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Cruz a Patriot?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    There's no poison pill involved. They make him an offer, give up a first and when the Giants can't match (and the Pats would know where that line is) Cruz is a Patriot.

I don't think they will , but it's not beyond possible
    So then we have two 1st round picks to utilize, could be worse..

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    So then we have two 1st round picks to utilize, could be worse..
    It could, depending on what we do with those picks. I always prefer keeping our play makers. I was pissed when we let Cofield go. It's a business and we'll field whoever we have on the final 53.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

It could, depending on what we do with those picks. I always prefer keeping our play makers. I was pissed when we let Cofield go. It's a business and we'll field whoever we have on the final 53.
    Cofield was a good player and of course I would love to keep Cruz! He kind of is my sig!

Problem with FA is, someone is always willing to pay more usually. We have price caps on players, teams like the redskins dont.. lol

I think Cruz will be here in 2013. Could he bw with a rival in 2014? Very likely, unless Reese assure him he will negotiate a proper contract during 2013. Even Cruz's detractors acknowledge he's entitled to fair compensation.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I think Cruz will be here in 2013. Could he bw with a rival in 2014? Very likely, unless Reese assure him he will negotiate a proper contract during 2013. Even Cruz's detractors acknowledge he's entitled to fair compensation.
    He is def entitled to his money, there is no doubt about that. I think Cruz is definetely taking the right approach with this and keeping it out of the media. Also, not holding out last year either. I love guys with attitudes like that, so I hope he is with out team for the forseaable feature!

He is def entitled to his money, there is no doubt about that. I think Cruz is definetely taking the right approach with this and keeping it out of the media. Also, not holding out last year either. I love guys with attitudes like that, so I hope he is with out team for the forseaable feature!
    Holding out never does a player enough good to have been worth it. I get the frustration they feel with little or no leverage but better to kick the dog than hold out.

Holding out never does a player enough good to have been worth it. I get the frustration they feel with little or no leverage but better to kick the dog than hold out.
    Holding out only decreases your value. You are now a known as head case and are not showcasing your talent... do what Cruz does. Show up, make plays and the money will come. I know the money will come to Cruz and he is a good man.

Holding out only decreases your value. You are now a known as head case and are not showcasing your talent... do what Cruz does. Show up, make plays and the money will come. I know the money will come to Cruz and he is a good man.
    I'll be glad when we're in camp and most of this drama is history.

I'll be glad when we're in camp and most of this drama is history.
    Oh yeah, less talking, more action!

He's not going to give up a 1st for a WR, and neither are the patriots. If he wanted a WR that bad, he could just use the 1st to draft one, but I doubt he'd do that either. Bill builds his teams like Parcell's, from the inside (line) out.