+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five Giants In Line For Bigger Roles in 2013

Five Giants In Line For Bigger Roles in 2013

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/five-yo...0240--nfl.html

Excerpt: "Last week, the New York Giants released linebacker Michael Boley, running back Ahmad Bradshaw and defensive tackle Chris Canty. All of them were key members of the 2011-12 championship team. The cuts leave some holes on the depth chart, but the G-Men may not have to look outside the organization to fill them. Here are five Giants in line for bigger roles next season as a result of the team's recent roster shakeup.

Marvin Austin
    (DT) --
    The release of Canty opens the door for Austin, who will be entering his third season in 2013. Unfortunately, he missed all of 2011 and half of 2012 due to injuries. Next season could be a make-or-break year for the second-round pick out of North Carolina. The Giants are thin at defensive tackle and will give Austin a chance to play, but must stay healthy and on the field.

Jacquian Williams
    (LB) --
    At this point, Williams is the logical choice to fill the void left by Boley. The second-year pro appeared in 10 games and made 30 tackles last season. Williams is a speedy defender who may be able to help improve the team's run defense (ranked No. 25 in the NFL in 2012). A sixth-round selection in 2011, he played in 16 games and made 78 tackles as a rookie." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

im more concerned about Austin than anyone else! he must take advantage of this opportunity if hes to stay with the Giants!

he hasnt played very much but maybe he can adjust and be a factor!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    im more concerned about Austin than anyone else! he must take advantage of this opportunity if hes to stay with the Giants!

he hasnt played very much but maybe he can adjust and be a factor!
    I'm anxious to hear how Kuhn is doing.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What a huge Q any info on him has been NIL. Usually we here how a player is doing after an injury odd.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    yes he looked very promising prior to him getting hurt
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    yes he looked very promising prior to him getting hurt
    +1

All-Pro
    There was a DE by the name of Marshall that also looked great right up to the final Cuts. Also another DT that was released that looked like he might have had potential. Don't remember his name
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

RoanokeFan thanks for the info

Just about to get a bunch of people to play dodge ball or hide and go seek (kick the can) I would have to get my walker out with wheels. May be flip football cards or tie some chestnuts on a string. marbles anyone omg I need to go back on my meds.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    RoanokeFan thanks for the info

Just about to get a bunch of people to play dodge ball or hide and go seek (kick the can) I would have to get my walker out with wheels. May be flip football cards or tie some chestnuts on a string. marbles anyone omg I need to go back on my meds.
    I guess it didn't snow by you lol

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    There was a DE by the name of Marshall that also looked great right up to the final Cuts. Also another DT that was released that looked like he might have had potential. Don't remember his name
    You're thinking of Dwayne Hendricks

Giants fan since the early 80s

+ Reply to Thread