+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: America's Game

Is Bob Papa the only play by play announcer of NFL teams who doesn't sound bias at all? He calls the opponents TDs just like he calls the Giants'

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Was that the same guy? If it was I was probably too distracted by his annoying "Peyton" line.
    he says it right before he says I wish I was Peyton

Wow. Just amazing. I can't believe what that episode just made me feel. That will always be the superior year when compared to 2011's championship. For me anyway.

Also, do they have an Americas Game for every Super Bowl or just from a certain year on? I'd be especially interested in the 86 and 90 seasons as I was born in 85 and, though proud of those teams and championships I would love to gain insights on those teams and seasons. It's so different seeing these championships happen in real time rather than just hearing about them or reading about them. I felt like the Americas Games did a good job of capturing a lot of these teams/titles I actually got to see happen so it'd be nice to get that from those late 80s/early 90s Giants teams.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    One thing I noticed about the majority of football fans....they have very short memories and are creatures of the moment.

2011>2010 ...lol
    Remember how SB XLIII (Steelers vs Cards) was ranked the best a few years ago? Completely fallen off the list now.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Remember how SB XLIII (Steelers vs Cards) was ranked the best a few years ago? Completely fallen off the list now.
    I never understood why people thought that was the best. The toe tap was cool, but the best? No way.

Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    Also, do they have an Americas Game for every Super Bowl or just from a certain year on? I'd be especially interested in the 86 and 90 seasons as I was born in 85 and, though proud of those teams and championships I would love to gain insights on those teams and seasons. It's so different seeing these championships happen in real time rather than just hearing about them or reading about them. I felt like the Americas Games did a good job of capturing a lot of these teams/titles I actually got to see happen so it'd be nice to get that from those late 80s/early 90s Giants teams.
    Both can be found on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post

It seems to have disappeared from the online shops, so maybe an updated set with all 4 is coming....

Quote Originally Posted by SirRuckus View Post
    Both can be found on YouTube
    Thanks! Kind of ashamed that wasn't my first try, but I guess I half expected the NFL would have any content like that pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    It seems to have disappeared from the online shops, so maybe an updated set with all 4 is coming....
    Wow. That would be super sweet. Here's to hoping...

+ Reply to Thread