+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: America's Game

Amazon still has it.

I guess ill ask some of the guys older than me that got to experience the 1st two championships first hand.....how did America's Game do capturing those seasons compared to actually seeing them happen? Did it evoke emotions similarly to the 2007 Giants episode or was it just an adequate representation such as the 2011 episode?

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    I guess ill ask some of the guys older than me that got to experience the 1st two championships first hand.....how did America's Game do capturing those seasons compared to actually seeing them happen? Did it evoke emotions similarly to the 2007 Giants episode or was it just an adequate representation such as the 2011 episode?
    You can watch the 86'/90' Americas Game on youtube
    We Want 5!

Yeah, but I was 1 and 5 when those seasons happened so I was curious from someone that saw those seasons how good of a job they did depicting and representing those teams/seasons

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    Yeah, but I was 1 and 5 when those seasons happened so I was curious from someone that saw those seasons how good of a job they did depicting and representing those teams/seasons
    The difference is that those are retroactive and captured many years after the fact. I forget when they started the America's Game series but it's within the last 10 years or so. So "new" ones are done in the heat of the moment. Retroactive ones, like the Parcells era teams, are done with hindsight and I actually prefer it that way. By now we all know the stories of the 86 and 90 teams, or at least we think we do (some interesting closed-door revelations for the 1990 team) and you see how these guys still feel bonds to each other 20+ years down the road. Our recent two are done in the heat of the moment; I'd like to see it revisited 20 years down the road.

Like I said, by now we all know the storylines from a dozen different sources if we lived through it. America's Game puts a new perspective of personal touch on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post

I just wanted to see that picture again. I have that set, good stuff.