+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 219

Thread: Who are the worst fans in the NFL?

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Comparing music and football is like comparing...well...music and football.
    Who compared music and football? Would you share what you're smoking?

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Are Indy colts fans bragging about all of their teams nfl and Super Bowl championships when they were in Baltimore? I highly doubt it. If they are then they are extremely stupid.
    I don't care about the Colts, and they only came along in the 1950s anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    So how far back are you allowed to go? Cubs fans are really bragging about that World Series ring they got over 100 years ago, right? How bout the Red Sox, in 86 years they weren't thumping their chest about the 1918 World Series championship were they?
    The Yankees always brag about having 27 World Championships. The first one came in 1923. Their first dynasty came in the 1920s with Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig. So I guess that shouldn't be part of their history anymore, since it was so long ago and the team with the best standing won the pennant.

    Attention Yankee fans: GentleGiant thinks those old World Series shouldn't count. The Yankees now have 7 world championships (the ones from the institution of a playoff system in 1969 onward) -- 77, 78, 96, 98, 99, 2000, 09. Not 27. Those old ones and all that history and legacy are now erased. Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio, Yogi Bera, Mickey Mantle, just forget they existed because GentleGiant said so.



    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    are the buffalo bills hanging on to those 2 AFL championships? how bout the houston oilers/titans? the dallas texans/kc cheifs won 3 AFL championships...why aren't those ever mentioned. did the AFL not count?
    Already answered. The AFL only existed starting in 1960. They merged into the NFL. They only awarded 6 stand-alone championships, not 46 like the NFL.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    so the packers are allowed to claim the 1930 nfl championship? here were the teams in the league:

    ny giants
    chicago bears
    brooklyn dodgers
    providence steam roller
    staten island stapeltons
    chicago cardinals
    portsmith spartans
    frankford yellow jackets
    minneapolis red jackets
    newark tornados!

    yup, lets tout that accomplishment!!!
    And your vaunted Steelers came around in 1933, as did the Eagles, and quite a few of the other teams that are still around today.

    And in 1923, the American League included the Washington Senators, St. Louis Browns, and Philadelphia Athletics. Are championships subject to being voided because the league looked different?

    The same thing happened in the early NBA and NHL. Tell me which of those championships don't count.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    bottom line, the only era that counts is the super bowl era! i'm not saying that because the steelers have the most championships, i'm saying that because we are so far removed from 1929, 1930, 31, 36, 39, 44, etc...
    I feel pretty far removed from 1974 and 1975. Whoops, the Steelers just lost two championships! I can't relate to 1971, sorry Tom Landry, you just lost one tool. 1968, come on man, man hadn't even walked on the moon, I can't relate to it. The Jets no longer beat the Colts and their championship doesn't count. Wheee! Come to think of it, we no longer walked on the moon because I can't relate to 1969. This is fun.

    We don't do it in any other sport. Why football?

    Or, please tell me where this mysterious line is that championships count or don't count. As a Yankee fan I'd like to know how many of the 27 championships starting in 1923 count, according to you.

    Might as well tell us for Hockey and Basketball too. I'd like to know this magic line where things count and where they don't.

    In fact in the 1970s there was only a 14 game season and no wildcard round in the playoffs. The Seahawks, Buccaneers, Jaguars, Panthers, Texans, and New Browns didn't exist. The Ravens were still the Old Browns, the Cardinals were in St. Louis, the Colts were still in Baltimore, the Titans were still the Houston Oilers... I so can't relate to that! So I say let's eliminate all those championships too. The Steelers now have 2, not 6. The Cowboys now have 3, not 5. The Dolphins now have 0 and they are no longer the only perfect team. Somebody let Don Shula know, poor guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    its nice to have the history, but come on...
    Then where do you draw the line? Wherever you feel like it? History counts, or it doesn't. And if it doesn't count, then it's arbitrary. A 20 year old kid today never saw Phil Simms, Lawrence Taylor, or Bill Parcells. To him, they are ancient history. Does that mean Super Bowls XXI and XXV don't count? Most people would tell you to shove it. Is there an expiration date on a championship? History is not relative, it is fact.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 04-18-2013 at 09:09 AM.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    No You just don't get it. I don't care how proud or rah-rah anyone is. How cool a game or player was is totally irrelevant. The NFL obviously weren't the best players cause there was a whole nother conference going on that would eventually beat them in SB 3.
    Just knock it off, and get this through your head -- the AFL wasn't even started until 1960. So what does your twisted logic have to do with championships won in 1959 and earlier?

    If there is even any room for your argument, it would be for the years when both leagues operated and didn't play each other -- which is an extremely small window, 1960-1965.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Lombardi is the greatest coach ever. We're not talking about that. Stop acting like we are.
    You scoffed at the idea of a Packers Dynasty, when Lombardi's 5-in-7-years is the definition of one.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    There you go again, talking about the players. Your basing this on the idea that things will actually change. The SB is football. The old championships were signs of what was to come. Is a sketch of a rocket ship an actual rocket ship?
    I say the early SBs won in a 14-game season and fewer rounds of playoffs shouldn't count. Championships that were won before there were 32 teams shouldn't count. Championships won before free agency shouldn't count. This is fun just making up arbitrary rules! New rule, championships only last 10 years and then they expire! Ooh oooh, wait, they have a radioactive halflife, a rate of decay. The only one that counts is the most recent, and then they start decaying to a fractional value until they disappear completely in 10 years.

    Before 1960, the NFL Championship was football. The AFL DID. NOT. EXIST.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    It's not my fault SweetZombieJesus decided to troll and change the subject.
    Sorry, you trolled and changed the subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    They're (Pittsburgh) the most consistently successful franchise in NFL history.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 04-18-2013 at 09:15 AM.

  4. #124
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Philipsburg, PA
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    I say the early SBs won in a 14-game season and fewer rounds of playoffs shouldn't count. Championships that were won before there were 32 teams shouldn't count. Championships won before free agency shouldn't count. This is fun just making up arbitrary rules! New rule, championships only last 10 years and then they expire! Ooh oooh, wait, they have a radioactive halflife, a rate of decay. The only one that counts is the most recent, and then they start decaying to a fractional value until they disappear completely in 10 years. Before 1960, the NFL Championship was football. The AFL DID. NOT. EXIST.Sorry, you trolled and changed the subject.
    It's fun watching some idiot write a novel in response to one sentence that was totally taken out of context. I was talking about the fans. You turned it into a fight over championships. You could have ignored it and actually read what I was talking about. But like the obsessive compulsive fool you are, you whine like I insulted your momma.

    Your nitpicking. Doesn't matter if there was no wildcard. 14 games. Still has a playoff system so your argument is invalid. It was still a playoff system. The limit is SB 1. That's pretty obvious. Doesn't matter if there was less teams than now. It was still way more than the old league. There you go again, leaving out the AFL. I know it started in 1960. So? The SBs began in 1966 not 1960 genius. Lol. You don't care about the colts? I guess we leave out their championships. It's different from baseball you brat. Baseballs change was nothing to footballs. Same with basketball.
    Baseball and Basketball were always the same sport. Football back then was rugby with pads. Very different with football in SB 1. Passing was considered a trick play for most of it.

    Take off the cheesehead kid. You can't call 9 championships SBs just cause your a packer fan who wants to hide the fact that you were irrelevant for 30 yr.

    Hey football fans! Sweet zombie jesus thinks the browns and lions are better franchises than the niners, cowboys, and steelers. Forget the 0-16 season. All that matters is old championships.

    By the way, the only thing the NFL of then and now have in common is the name. They can change the name to AFL if they want cause its not the same.

    It's funny how you don't count the AFL or AAFC championships when it began. I guess we take out the first NFL championships by your logic. The AFL existed. Whether it hurts your argument or not.


    One game kid. A bowl game system. Completely different championship. The MLB was still the MLB. The NFL was very different.

    An NFL championship is a totally different NFL. The NFL of then is now known as the NFC. That's why it's called a merge.

    Hell. The NFL then were just champions. The SB is world champions cause all pro leagues are now combined. The NFL then was just another league.


    No deflection. Baseball shouldn't be the standard for football to follow. Not to mention that I just said that what players and coaches did is still relevant so the babe Ruth talk is BS.Were not comparing that for the 100th time. Baseball is not football in case you didn't realize.

    Not all World Series are the same as the eras have changed, but the Yankees have dominated either way so when used to compare the greatest teams it's going to be the same conclusion.

    It's different in the NFL because you have teams like the Packers, Bears and Browns from one era and then the Cowboys, Steelers, 49ers, Patriots from another era.

    You can call them all NFL Championships but is that what you're using to compare the best teams from one era to the best of another? How many playoff appearances and conference championship games and Super Bowl losses equal an old NFL Championship? It's really tough to determine. I personally think it's tougher to take the field and play more games. Regardless of whether or not less teams means more quality teams or not, each game requires a certain level of preparation and execution and luck to get through. A team you beat in the regular season but then must face again in the playoffs has that revenge factor.

    You're right, not all Super Bowls are equal. That's obvious with the addition of playoff rounds and the free agency era. I think it's become increasingly more difficult. As I stated above, particularly the media and the pressure that comes with the playoffs and Super Bowl. And going through the 16-game season, staying healthy and surviving the playoff gauntlet. And let's face it, the officials are also playing to the audience more and have a tendency to influence games. When you have to win three in a row, it's tougher for even the best team in the regular season to avoid the pitfalls.

    1967
    is about the best point to draw the line of distinction but it's still not the true measure because there isn't one.

    As merely a title, yes they're all NFL Championships but in terms of value and comparisons, I think you have to understand the timing of them.

    Notes on "championships" prior to the Super Bowl era:
    The Packers' first three championships were decided by overall record after the regular season (and if you think that deserves a championship then the 2008 Patriots should also be considered a perfect team (and no one wants that)).
    These championships come before people were really professional athletes, and games were played against teams like the Canton Bulldogs, Frankford Yellow Jackets, Providence Steamrollers, Oorang Indians, Dayton Triangles (need I list more? because I could). This was more on par with your company's softball team and its league, rather than real football that we know (and love) today.
    Enjoy your Ed Thorp Memorial Trophies (Example here, probably crafted at Stan's Trophy Shop down the street), I'll keep my eye on the six Vince Lombardy trophies the Steelers won and the giants 4.

    http://pikimal.com/nfl-franchise

    This website seems fine with calling them conference championships.

    They were 2 totally different eras. The pack dominated the old(pre SB) era. The steelers dominated the modern(SB) era. However we now live in the modern era so the modern era means more than the old one since we can't win more old championships. You can't combine them.
    Last edited by GentleGiant; 04-19-2013 at 12:08 AM.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    It's fun watching some idiot write a novel in response to one sentence that was totally taken out of context.
    Not as much fun as schooling someone who thinks he knows NFL history when he has absolutely no clue because he ignores half of it. Also note the irony that you wrote a novel in response

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Your nitpicking. Doesn't matter if there was no wildcard. 14 games. Still has a playoff system so your argument is invalid. It was still a playoff system.
    As was the NFL Championship between 1933-1965.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    It's different from baseball you brat. Baseballs change was nothing to footballs. Same with basketball. Baseball and Basketball were always the same sport. Football back then was rugby with pads.
    Oh really? So the Dead Ball era, American League adding the Designated Hitter and MLB adding the LDS round, and then a wildcard round in the 90s, didn't change anything? The Icing Rule in Hockey didn't change anything? The 24-second shot clock in Basketball and the ABA merger didn't change anything? LOL, more ignorance from the fountain head.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Passing was considered a trick play for most of it.
    You claim to be a Giant fan but it's clear you're not -- or you are just a clueless bandwagon jumper.

    Look up Y.A. Tittle some time.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Take off the cheesehead kid. You can't call 9 championships SBs just cause your a packer fan who wants to hide the fact that you were irrelevant for 30 yr.
    I'm a Giant fan through and through. That's why I value their first championship in 1927. That's why I know who Bennie Friedman is. That's why I know who Mel Hein is. That's why I know who Tuffy Leemans is. That's why I know what the Sneaker Game is. That's why I value all eight of the team's championships and the fact that the team has been competitive in every of its 10 decades but one, the 1970s. It's as important to me as the legends of Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig and Joe DiMaggio are to Yankee fans.

    My team has a deep, rich history. I embrace it all.

    That's also why I know the GIants bookended the 90s with Super Bowl appearances (winning one and losing the other) and had 2 more playoff appearances in between. You didn't, you thought the Giants did nothing in the 90s. Busted, fake Giants fan. Get off the bandwagon.

    I count all of my team's glorious history. I don't pretend it started only when they had success.

    You, on the other hand, are a bandwagon jumper who doesn't even know Giants history of the 90's. And obviously deluded by the fumes of Steeler fans who don't even know their team existed before 1974.

    Obviously Steeler fans want to ignore everything before 1972 -- because they were absolutely terrible. And it shows they aren't as important to NFL history as they think they are.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    By the way, the only thing the NFL of then and now have in common is the name. They can change the name to AFL if they want cause its not the same.
    Oh really? They kept the NFL name. They kept the NFL logo. They moved into the NFL's offices in NYC. Three NFL teams moved into the AFC to balance it out -- Colts, Browns, and your vaunted Steelers.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Enjoy your Ed Thorp Memorial Trophies (Example here, probably crafted at Stan's Trophy Shop down the street), I'll keep my eye on the six Vince Lombardy trophies the Steelers won and the giants 4.

    http://pikimal.com/nfl-franchise

    This website seems fine with calling them conference championships.

    They were 2 totally different eras. The pack dominated the old(pre SB) era. The steelers dominated the modern(SB) era. However we now live in the modern era so the modern era means more than the old one since we can't win more old championships. You can't combine them.
    I'll enjoy every championship my team won, in every era. As I do with the Yankees in baseball.

    Also note the Steelers failed to sniff the Ed Thorp trophy in 40 years of trying. They were there, failing miserably, being a terrible franchise, for all those years... Missing the playoffs every single year, every season ending in futility... Being the model of a garbage franchise... All while it was supposedly easier, the Steelers couldn't even get out of bed. Then suddenly, when they get thrown in with the weak-*** AFC teams, they have success all of a sudden.

    I'll also trust NFL.com more than "pikimal.com", lol, what the hell is that, is that the Stan's Trophy Shop of web sites?

    Read it and weep, straight from the horse's mouth. It was last updated in 2007, so add 1 more to the Packers and Giants totals.

    http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/team/championships

    Team Records: Championships
    Most Seasons League Champion
    13 Green Bay, 1929-1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961-62, 1965-67, 1996, 2010
    9 Chi. Bears, 1921, 1932-33, 1940-41, 1943, 1946, 1963, 1985
    8 N.Y. Giants, 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011







    You, sir, are a fake fan who will be gone when the times get tough. Man up or get off the bandwagon.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 04-19-2013 at 08:33 AM.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

    "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

  6. #126
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Philipsburg, PA
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Not as much fun as schooling someone who thinks he knows NFL history when he has absolutely no clue because he ignores half of it. Also note the irony that you wrote a novel in response As was the NFL Championship between 1933-1965.Oh really? So the Dead Ball era, American League adding the Designated Hitter and MLB adding the LDS round, and then a wildcard round in the 90s, didn't change anything? The Icing Rule in Hockey didn't change anything? The 24-second shot clock in Basketball and the ABA merger didn't change anything? LOL, more ignorance from the fountain head.You claim to be a Giant fan but it's clear you're not -- or you are just a clueless bandwagon jumper.Look up Y.A. Tittle some time.I'm a Giant fan through and through. That's why I value their first championship in 1927. That's why I know who Bennie Friedman is. That's why I know who Mel Hein is. That's why I know who Tuffy Leemans is. That's why I know what the Sneaker Game is. That's why I value all eight of the team's championships and the fact that the team has been competitive in every of its 10 decades but one, the 1970s. It's as important to me as the legends of Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig and Joe DiMaggio are to Yankee fans. My team has a deep, rich history. I embrace it all.That's also why I know the GIants bookended the 90s with Super Bowl appearances (winning one and losing the other) and had 2 more playoff appearances in between. You didn't, you thought the Giants did nothing in the 90s. Busted, fake Giants fan. Get off the bandwagon.I count all of my team's glorious history. I don't pretend it started only when they had success.You, on the other hand, are a bandwagon jumper who doesn't even know Giants history of the 90's. And obviously deluded by the fumes of Steeler fans who don't even know their team existed before 1974. Obviously Steeler fans want to ignore everything before 1972 -- because they were absolutely terrible. And it shows they aren't as important to NFL history as they think they are.Oh really? They kept the NFL name. They kept the NFL logo. They moved into the NFL's offices in NYC. Three NFL teams moved into the AFC to balance it out -- Colts, Browns, and your vaunted Steelers.I'll enjoy every championship my team won, in every era. As I do with the Yankees in baseball. Also note the Steelers failed to sniff the Ed Thorp trophy in 40 years of trying. They were there, failing miserably, being a terrible franchise, for all those years... Missing the playoffs every single year, every season ending in futility... Being the model of a garbage franchise... All while it was supposedly easier, the Steelers couldn't even get out of bed. Then suddenly, when they get thrown in with the weak-*** AFC teams, they have success all of a sudden.I'll also trust NFL.com more than "pikimal.com", lol, what the hell is that, is that the Stan's Trophy Shop of web sites? Read it and weep, straight from the horse's mouth. It was last updated in 2007, so add 1 more to the Packers and Giants totals.http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/rec.../championshipsTeam Records: ChampionshipsMost Seasons League Champion
    13 Green Bay, 1929-1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961-62, 1965-67, 1996, 2010
    9 Chi. Bears, 1921, 1932-33, 1940-41, 1943, 1946, 1963, 1985
    8 N.Y. Giants, 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011
    You, sir, are a fake fan who will be gone when the times get tough. Man up or get off the bandwagon.
    Ah yes. I am a bandwagon fan cause I route for a team that went 9-7 last year. The World Series was invented in 1903. But it was not the first championship. But of course you don't count that cause it hurts your precious Yankees. AFL had bad teams? Is that why the chiefs and jets beat the colts and Vikings?

    I'm glad to see how much of an idiot you made yourself look by saying that the 72 dolphins were somehow a bad team. Of how you think I'm only talking about the steelers. The niners and cowboys were there too and guess what dumbass? They were in the NFL. Not AFL. Obviously I wrote a novel in response to your 10 novels so there's no irony. Ah NFL.com. The same group that said **** Butkus was a better tackler than LT. It's hilarious how you seem to think that a few playoff appearances means that the giants ruled the 90s. They had 1 SB in 1990 and they did it with a 80s team. It's also hilarious how you somehow think that adding an extra round or new rules is somehow the equivalent of changing the entire landscape of a league and a sport. As if saying what the steelers did in pre merger means anything. You know who else was good then? The browns.But of course you don't count AAFC and AFL cause you know it kills your point. You just want to keep being a giants homer. Oh the old championships count but only the old ones that benefit your team? Give me the 40 years the steelers were bad and Ill give you the the 40 years the pack was bad. Like the 50s, 70s, 80s, and almost all the 90s before Favre got there near the end. Or the giants in the 60s 70s and 90s.

    I am a giants fan. But I'm not blinded by blue shades like you. Like how you seem to support a league that for half it's time didn't even allow blacks.


    In 1960 the eagles won the NFL championship. In 1960 the oilers won the AFL championship. There was no way of knowing who the real champion was until they would eventually the NFC and AFC face each in this little thing called the Super Bowl. There was no real champion in pro football cause the NFL was just another league with the AFL and AAFC. The only "proof" you have is because you like the giants.


    You say the AFL and AAFC were bad teams? By your logic Paul Brown was a bad coach and Otto Graham was a bad player( Of course your probably not old enough to know those guys based off your attitude). not great players.Interestly enough how you think that SB makes it easier despite the fact that the bears and browns(who dominated their pre merger leagues) suddenly are meh in the SB era. Otto Graham has 3 NFL championships, AAFC championships and 0 SBs. Not 8 full blown championships. Of course you don't count the AAFC cause your a crybaby homer. You think a championship is one cause its called a championship( NFC championship ring a bell)? You only care about the NFL cause the giants are in it. If you were a browns you'd say the opposite. Of course neither the AFL, NFL, and AAFC counts on the same merit as SBs cause none of the old championships was universal. Even sports illustrated recognizes them all as just sub championships. That's why the merge happened. To make a universal championship game and not just one of many. They competed with each other over popularity. Look it up. You only think the NFL counts cause of the giants.



    It's hilarious how you think the 1933 to 1965 seasons were playoffs. One game is a playoff?You literally said this yourself a few posts ago that they played one game(championship). Way to contradict yourself dumbass. They had divisions and the winner of each division went straight to the championship. The division winner was found out in the regular season. Nothing between championship and regular season. Once again you have described a CFB bowl system and not an actual playoff system.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=1965...fari#itp=open0

    Try to find a non championship playoff game in this link. It doesn't matter if the NFL didn't change the logos. Who cares? So the NFL has the prettier building?The merger still happened whether your blue shaded head wanted it to or not. The old championships were sub championships( NFL, AFL, AAFC)There was never a real full blown champion until the merge. You can even be look it up. It's says " the NFL is equally divided between the NFL(NFC) and the AFL(AFC). That's what a merge is kid.
    Seeing as their are HOFers on the pre merger steelers team, I don't really care.

    Also nice sig. Even though you contradict yourself with all the trophies being Vince Lombardi ones.


    Grow up kid.
    Last edited by GentleGiant; 04-20-2013 at 12:29 AM.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Ah yes. I am a bandwagon fan cause I route for a team that went 9-7 last year.
    Hmm, were you on the bandwagon before or after they won the Super Bowl in 2011? Sounds like after. Your profile says you are a "Saints/Giants fan" in Steeler country -- which says you jump on any bandwagon that comes along and had to ditch the Steelers when they lost to the Packers in 2010. No wonder you get so upset about the Packers. Hey, shouldn't you be on the Ravens board right about now?

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    The World Series was invented in 1903. But it was not the first championship. But of course you don't count that cause it hurts your precious Yankees.
    Since the Yankees didn't even exist until 1903 (when they were founded as the Highlanders) I fail to see how it's relevant. It neither helps nor harms them.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    It's hilarious how you seem to think that a few playoff appearances means that the giants ruled the 90s. They had 1 SB in 1990 and they did it with a 80s team.
    Proof (again) you're no Giants fan. Nobody ever said they ruled, you said they did nothing. 4 playoff appearances, 2 of them Super Bowls, is hardly doing nothing. Any Giants fan knows the 90s were up and down.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    I am a giants fan. But I'm not blinded by blue shades like you. Like how you seem to support a league that for half it's time didn't even allow blacks.
    If you're looking for some racism boogie man, you picked the wrong sport. Look up Jim Thorpe some time. Fact is there were minority players from the beginning, and they were banned in the 30s because of George Preston Marshall.

    You're a "Giants fan" who doesn't even know the team's history from the 90s, let alone all the team's history from its founding in 1925. Go back to the Saints and Steelers, bandwagon jumper.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    In 1960 the eagles won the NFL championship. In 1960 the oilers won the AFL championship. There was no way of knowing who the real champion was until they would eventually the NFC and AFC face each in this little thing called the Super Bowl. There was no real champion in pro football cause the NFL was just another league with the AFL and AAFC. The only "proof" you have is because you like the giants.
    (a) what does that have to do with pre-1960?
    (b) your logic is ******ed because right now the UFL (United Football League) is playing, the AFL (Arena Football League) is playing, etc. So the Super Bowl Champion is not really the champion of pro football. I guess we have no way of knowing who the real champion is because the NFL is just another league with the AFL and UFL.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    You say the AFL and AAFC were bad teams? By your logic Paul Brown was a bad coach and Otto Graham was a bad player( Of course your probably not old enough to know those guys based off your attitude). not great players.Interestly enough how you think that SB makes it easier despite the fact that the bears and browns(who dominated their pre merger leagues) suddenly are meh in the SB era. Otto Graham has 3 NFL championships, AAFC championships and 0 SBs. Not 8 full blown championships. Of course you don't count the AAFC cause your a crybaby homer.
    The AAFC was fine but it was a small league that died. Only two teams came over from it, the Browns and 49ers. The NFL Championships the Browns won testify to their dominance at the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    You only care about the NFL cause the giants are in it.
    and because it's the league they all play in today.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    It's hilarious how you think the 1933 to 1965 seasons were playoffs. One game is a playoff?
    Do you need the definition of a playoff? Sounds like you do.
    It was the same system in baseball until 1969.
    You, on the other hand, thought it was magically awarded like the BCS. Ooops, busted.

    Fact is, the division title was won by standing. As it is today. There is no magic. Best record wins. No wonky formula like the BCS.

    It was the same way in baseball until 1969. The team with the best record won the pennant, and that team from each league played in the World Series.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    You literally said this yourself a few posts ago that they played one game(championship). Way to contradict yourself dumbass. They had divisions and the winner of each division went straight to the championship. The division winner was found out in the regular season. Nothing between championship and regular season. Once again you have described a CFB bowl system and not an actual playoff system.
    Playing for the title is a playoff. Being awarded a title is a CFB/BCS system. You just said it yourself. Kindly ask the voices in your head to coordinate with each other.

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    You can even be look it up. It's says " the NFL is equally divided between the NFL(NFC) and the AFL(AFC). That's what a merge is kid.
    So is that why three NFL teams moved to the AFC to balance it out?

    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Also nice sig. Even though you contradict yourself with all the trophies being Vince Lombardi ones.


    The Thorp Trophy doesn't apply to the 1927 championship, and the trophy was passed around from team to team each year like the Stanley Cup is. There is a reproduction of it in the Hall of Fame in Canton if you want to see it. But teams didn't stack multiple Thorp Trophies in a trophy case because it was one single trophy.

    Go back to the Saints/Steelers/whoever won last bandwagon, kid.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 04-20-2013 at 08:35 AM.

  8. #128
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Philipsburg, PA
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Hmm, were you on the bandwagon before or after they won the Super Bowl in 2011? Sounds like after. Your profile says you are a "Saints/Giants fan" in Steeler country -- which says you jump on any bandwagon that comes along and had to ditch the Steelers when they lost to the Packers in 2010. No wonder you get so upset about the Packers. Hey, shouldn't you be on the Ravens board right about now? Since the Yankees didn't even exist until 1903 (when they were founded as the Highlanders) I fail to see how it's relevant. It neither helps nor harms them.Proof (again) you're no Giants fan. Nobody ever said they ruled, you said they did nothing. 4 playoff appearances, 2 of them Super Bowls, is hardly doing nothing. Any Giants fan knows the 90s were up and down.If you're looking for some racism boogie man, you picked the wrong sport. Look up Jim Thorpe some time. Fact is there were minority players from the beginning, and they were banned in the 30s because of George Preston Marshall.You're a "Giants fan" who doesn't even know the team's history from the 90s, let alone all the team's history from its founding in 1925. Go back to the Saints and Steelers, bandwagon jumper.(a) what does that have to do with pre-1960?(b) your logic is ******ed because right now the UFL (United Football League) is playing, the AFL (Arena Football League) is playing, etc. So the Super Bowl Champion is not really the champion of pro football. I guess we have no way of knowing who the real champion is because the NFL is just another league with the AFL and UFL. The AAFC was fine but it was a small league that died. Only two teams came over from it, the Browns and 49ers. The NFL Championships the Browns won testify to their dominance at the time. and because it's the league they all play in today.Do you need the definition of a playoff? Sounds like you do.It was the same system in baseball until 1969.You, on the other hand, thought it was magically awarded like the BCS. Ooops, busted.Fact is, the division title was won by standing. As it is today. There is no magic. Best record wins. No wonky formula like the BCS.It was the same way in baseball until 1969. The team with the best record won the pennant, and that team from each league played in the World Series.Playing for the title is a playoff. Being awarded a title is a CFB/BCS system. You just said it yourself. Kindly ask the voices in your head to coordinate with each other.So is that why three NFL teams moved to the AFC to balance it out?The Thorp Trophy doesn't apply to the 1927 championship, and the trophy was passed around from team to team each year like the Stanley Cup is. There is a reproduction of it in the Hall of Fame in Canton if you want to see it. But teams didn't stack multiple Thorp Trophies in a trophy case because it was one single trophy.Go back to the Saints/Steelers/whoever won last bandwagon, kid.
    'Sigh'

    More of the same. Do you get out at all? I can just imagine some guy on the web to do a pic of a bunch of crossed out Yankee signs just to make a point( an irrelevant point by the way).
    If the NFL was so big the niners and browns (AAFC teams) wouldn't have moved there. The ABA doesn't count. Why should the sub championships count? The steelers were bad their first decade cause they were new, just like every new team( including GB).Then they 1 bad decade then they actually got good in the 60s years, so this talk about them being bottom feeders for 40 yr is BS. More like
    25 which is less than the packers bad years. The NFL recognizes the AFL championships along with NFL championships so obviously the league realizes they're sub championships. The browns even have banners to the AAFC.

    Knows his argument has fallen apart. Reduces to insults. Nice job responding to my paragraphs with 2 sentence answer. Really shows that you can't even read. Go home packers fan. Your drunk. You still seem to think that the AAFC being small somehow means something. It doesn't. It was still a league. If there wasnt a merge it wouldn't mean anything but there was. So what if the AFL needed 3 teams? How about all the expansion team the NFL eventually Got? The entire NFC south is expansion teams. There's like 2 expansion teams in the AFC today. They even in 1960 actually added other games for 2nd and 3rd place teams. Ring a bell? It's a bowl game system. The teams not the best would play in lesser games. They even called them " playoff bowls" look it up. It's a CFB system. No playoff game between regular season and championship. No playoff. Having the best doesn't mean your the best team. That's why playoffs exist. They had the merger cause they knew something was wrong with the old system.

    The only reason the steelers struggled in the old days was they went through constant overhauls, from going from the steagles to card Pitts so the reason that they struggled was entirely out of their control. Every NFl team including GB and NYG that would have overhauls like that would struggle.

    In 1967 the packers faced the cowboys in the NFL championships. They went on to SB 1. See?

    NFL championship equals NFC championship. Look it up. NFL championship equals sub championship. THAT'S a playoff system.

    Actually you did say that the giants were big in the 90s. Now youve resorted to lying to get your way. Who the hell was talking about the Thorp trophy? Who cares?One game dumbass. Quit sugar coating it. The division title was made in the regular season. The fact that you can't come up with a game actually being played that was a non championship playoff game is proof of your ignorance.The orioles won rings before 1903. I'm sure they think those count.But No only the rings that benefit the Yankees. Typical. Good job completely showing that your too ignorant to talk to and just isn't worth it.Yeah I'm looking for racism and trying to be offensive. Coming from the troll named " Sweet Zombie Jesus".

    Yeah sure kid call me a bandwagon fan cause I respect the saints. A team that won the SB after Katrina. Yeah there's nothing special about that.Unlike you who thinks the giants are the only team in the world. Pathetic. Your not even worth it. You still think Im a steeler fan despite bringing up the browns, niners, and cowboys.You heard from zombie jesus hear. He thinks arena league is the same sport. Forget the smaller field and zero respect for defense. I guess we should merge with the soccer leagues too since to most foreigners it's called "football".Rugby too. That logic only applies in the event of us actually merging with the arena leagues( which is impossible cause its not even the same sport). The NFL today compared to arena league is much bigger than what the NFL was to the AFL and AAFC. Not to mention the AAFC, AFL, and NFL actually played the same sport with the same field unlike the arena league and UFL. Also the Arena league aren't actually "competing" with the NFL like the AFL did.

    Why do you think it was only 3 teams? So realizing the reality that giants pre SBs wins were sub championships doesn't make me a giants fan? If you were a brown you'd be telling me to take the opposite. Sports illustrated recognizes them as sub championship. I don't see why you can't. Who cares what Canton says. Strahan isn't in the HOF and Sapp is. I don't recall the old championships having lombardis as the trophy?

    Would you shut up kid. Everything you've said was about how you FEEL, how you think, how you hope whereas I'm showing cold hard facts. Your giants homerism is disrespectful to every single NFL team except the pack, bears, and giants. If the giants won in the AFL you would be saying the opposite and you know it. Nobody cares how you feel about the AFL because every idiot knows that if the giants were in the AFL you'd do a full 180 against the NFL. They were all sub championships. I don't care what you think about my love for the giants and if you have to go stalking my profile to find dirt then that's when I know that any dignity inside you is gone. Everytime I give a point, you respond with "hehe go back to 'insert non giants team here'. If you think that making the playoffs a few times in the 90s means the giants were relevant then that's sad. But I guess someone that celebrates sub championships would naturally only be able to live up to the playoffs. I guess the bengals are relevant today when they went to the playoffs and got killed instantly.
    Your comments reek of bias of ignorance of a sport you know nothing about.


    Even if I wasn't a giants fan I'd still think your an idiot. Hell I bet there's packers fans embarrassed that your the one attempting to defend them.



    I'm sure the giants are so proud that fans like you represent them. I know of YA Tittle. Do you? Cause you seem to have the attitude of a child whose only knowledge of football history is up to post 2000. Your an angry fool on a rant who needs to to get out more. How childish. You also seem to forget that Tittle was also a niner( a team that was originally AAFC).OOPS busted!You claim to know the old days yet have zero knowledge of it and your only knowledge is whatever the giants did. Sad. You claim to love a respectable team like the giants but then go off and act like an eagles fan. Ranting and showing no evidence of an IQ. Keep whining kid. I'm laughing at your ignorance. Keep spewing that white noise while I continously knock it down one by one. Your a pathetic disgrace to this franchise and don't deserve the ground you walk on.
    Last edited by GentleGiant; 04-21-2013 at 04:52 PM.

  9. #129
    *Looks up*

    .....
    ....


    ....

    Eagles?

  10. #130
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Philipsburg, PA
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing Crosby View Post
    *Looks up*.............Eagles?
    Sorry kid apparently when you type one irrelevant sentence that gets some people riled up. It's my thread so I'm not exactly happy about it either.
    Last edited by GentleGiant; 04-20-2013 at 09:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts