+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are the worst fans in the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    There's no such thing as a fluke. They won it all . What they did after is irrelevant. They beat the supposedly better NFL team. The steelers beat the supposedly better NFL 4 times( despite you saying theyre bad).MS even said that he felt the AFL didn't get good until the 70s so he likely disagrees with you( although I feel the AFL was always as good). You can't find a point so you just try to dumb down every AFL team. Quit it. Don't accuse me of making excuses then go off and make an excuse for every AFC SB win. The niners have 5 but they were AAFC first. I guess all five of those were flukes too?

Just 1 AFL SB win proves my point.

Just admit that you're NFC bias. Tell me that Im wrong for saying the old championships don't compare but then tell me which AFL SBs were legit based off your own stupid biased opinion? Pathetic.
    If I follow your way of thinking, an NFL Champion was not quite legitimate until it had absorbed the best teams of the AAFC and then merged with the AFL... so legitimate champions debuted with the SB era.
    Well, you never answered my question posed many posts back...
    What about the years that the WFL existed? They had legitimate NFL talent, Herschel Walker, Jim Kelly, and many others... so by your own standards, a truw NFL Superbowl champion was tarnished in those years.
    Now, how about this... The Canadian Football league existed well before the SB era. It has had some excellent players, such as Hall of Famer Warren Moon, and Doug Flutie, and many other NFL worthy athletes have been playing in the CFL every year that there has been an NFL SB Champion. So, even NOW we do not have a legit champ and we'll have to merge with the CFL for a legit Champ.
    I think I'm totally disillusioned and have finally figured it out. The NFL has always been, and will always be a sham.
    Thank you for opening all of our eyes with your logic.
    Last edited by zimonami; 04-23-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm not belittling the NFL. I'm just saying the merger was a business decision.The AFL really never existed as a real football competitor of the NFL before the first SB. They were really not as good as the NFL until the actual merger in 1970.Top to bottom, they were inferior to the NFL.My point is that the NFL championship before the suberbowl was the championship of the best teams and players in the world. The Superbowl started before the AFL was really anywhere near as good as the NFL.In other words, there was never any "sub championship" or anything close to it before the SB era. The NFL chamionship was the true championship of pro football.
    Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    If I follow your way of thinking, an NFL Champion was not quite legitimate until it had absorbed the best teams of the AAFC and then merged with the AFL... so legitimate champions debuted with the SB era.Well, you never answered my question posed many posts back...What about the years that the WFL existed? They had legitimate NFL talent, Herschel Walker, Jim Kelly, and many others... so by your own standards, a truw NFL Superbowl champion was tarnished in those years.Now, how about this... The Canadian Football league existed well before the SB era. It has had some excellent players, such as Hall of Famer Warren Moon, and Doug Flutie, and many other NFL worthy athletes have been playing in the CFL every year that there has been an NFL SB Champion. So, even NOW we do not have a legit champ and we'll have to merge with the CFL for a legit Champ.I think I'm totally disillusioned and have finally figured it out. The NFK has always been, and will always be a sham>Thank you for opening all of our eyes with your logic.
    You do know what the word " National " means right? Good lord kid don't ask me stupid questions before you actually find the right freaking country. Wrong again. The NFL championships winners were champions. NFL champions. Wrong NFL kid. In the event that we do merge, the old ones become belittled. The NFL championships are championships but they are championships of THAT league. The SB is multiple leagues so therefore it means more.

Clearly my logic does work then since your logic says Canadians are Americans and America is the whole world.
    Last edited by GentleGiant; 04-23-2013 at 07:54 PM.

You do know what the word " National " means right? Good lord kid don't ask me stupid questions before you actually find the right freaking country. Wrong again. The NFL championships winners were champions. NFL champions. Wrong NFL kid. In the event that we do merge the old ones become belittled.

Clearly my logic does work then since your logic says Canadians are Americans and America is the whole world.
    Last time I looked, Canada and the United States comprise North America.
    You still haven't answered my question about the WFL...
    The WFL had legitimate talent during the SB era. So, it was as legitimate as the AAFC and the AFL. So, during those years a SB Champion was tarnished. You CANNOT deny that the WFL fits as perfectly as the AAFC. The AFC?NFC, ergo NFL, did not have all the best players... so we have to exclude the SB Champs from those years as being legitimate.

And, quit calling me kid, like I don't know what I'm talking about, you moronic twerp. I'm 66 years old and was a Giant fan before you were born

Jets, chiefs, raiders, and others still got rings.Your nitpicking. One AFL SB is all I need. Not to mention the browns old rings
    There were two by the way.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Jets, chiefs, raiders, and others still got rings.Your nitpicking. One AFL SB is all I need. Not to mention the browns old rings
    The Browns were in the NFL when they won the NFL championship. It seems obvious to me.

GG... you set the definitions... there was no REAL champion before the SB era because there was an AAFC and an AFL.
    You never did admit that a legitimate NFL Champion existed in the years that the AAFC and AFL did not exist.
    But, thats another road.
    Now that you set the rule... that real champions exist since the merger, you have failed to even acknowledge the issue of the years of the WFL.
    They had legitimate NFL talent.
    The NFL teams could not claim that they were as strong as they could be, so their Champion HAD TO BE inferior.
    Rght?
    And, United States of America citizens who are football players have played and still do play in the Canadian Football League.> Many NFL alumni played in the CFL.
    Why does their existence NOT tarnish the strength and legitimmacy of our NFL, and its SB Champion? Because they are not a USA league?
    Your rules are so ridiculous, and you change them to suit yourself
    Last edited by zimonami; 04-23-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Veteran
    I'm not belittling the NFL. I'm just saying the merger was a business decision.The AFL really never existed as a real football competitor of the NFL before the first SB. They were really not as good as the NFL until the actual merger in 1970.Top to bottom, they were inferior to the NFL.My point is that the NFL championship before the suberbowl was the championship of the best teams and players in the world. The Superbowl started before the AFL was really anywhere near as good as the NFL.In other words, there was never any "sub championship" or anything close to it before the SB era. The NFL chamionship was the true championship of pro football.
    The Browns were in the NFL when they won the NFL championship. It seems obvious to me.
    The browns were an AAFC team coming to the NFL.

The browns were an AAFC team coming to the NFL.
    No....They were an NFL team who just came from the AAFC.

GG... you set the definitions... there was no REAL champion before the SB era because there was an AAFC and an AFL.
    You never did admit that a legitimate NFL Champion existed in the years that the AAFC and AFL did not exist.
    But, thats another road.
    Now that you set the rule... that real champions exist since the merger, you have failed to even acknowledge the issue of the years of the WFL.
    They had legitimate NFL talent.
    The NFL teams could not claim that they were as strong as they could be, so their Champion HAD TO BE inferior.
    Rght?
    And, United States of America citizens who are football players have played and still do play in the Canadian Football League.> Many NFL alumni played in the CFL.
    Why does their existence NOT tarnish the strength and legitimmacy of our NFL, and its SB Champion? Because they are not a USA league?
    Your rules are so ridiculous, and you change them to suit yourself
    Well the USFL existed during some of the 80's so the teams that won the SB during that time are clearly iligitimate.

Veteran
    GG... you set the definitions... there was no REAL champion before the SB era because there was an AAFC and an AFL. You never did admit that a legitimate NFL Champion existed in the years that the AAFC and AFL did not exist.But, thats another road.Now that you set the rule... that real champions exist since the merger, you have failed to even acknowledge the issue of the years of the WFL. They had legitimate NFL talent.The NFL teams could not claim that they were as strong as they could be, so their Champion HAD TO BE inferior.Rght?And, United States of America citizens who are football players have played and still do play in the Canadian Football League.> Many NFL alumni played in the CFL.Why does their existence NOT tarnish the strength and legitimmacy of our NFL, and its SB Champion? Because they are not a USA league?Your rules are so ridiculous, and you change them to suit yourself
    Ever heard of a map? Is South America the same as the United States of America cause it has America in its name?Repeated ignorance. How much more should I repeat myself? The NFL of old wasn't the strongest of the leagues because no matter what it was still one league. The NFL of now is the strongest because it has multiple leagues( doesn't matter what leagues they are or what talent they had). Unless the WFL at one point merged with another league, the NFL now is the one that matters when compared to the old leagues.

+ Reply to Thread