+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are the worst fans in the NFL?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm not belittling the NFL. I'm just saying the merger was a business decision.The AFL really never existed as a real football competitor of the NFL before the first SB. They were really not as good as the NFL until the actual merger in 1970.Top to bottom, they were inferior to the NFL.My point is that the NFL championship before the suberbowl was the championship of the best teams and players in the world. The Superbowl started before the AFL was really anywhere near as good as the NFL.In other words, there was never any "sub championship" or anything close to it before the SB era. The NFL chamionship was the true championship of pro football.
    No....They were an NFL team who just came from the AAFC.
    More bias ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Ever heard of a map? Is South America the same as the United States of America cause it has America in its name?Repeated ignorance. How much more should I repeat myself? The NFL of old wasn't the strongest of the leagues because no matter what it was still one league. The NFL of now is the strongest because it has multiple leagues( doesn't matter what leagues they are or what talent they had). Unless the WFL at one point merged with another league, the NFL now is the one that matters when compared to the old leagues.
    Were the Stanley Cups of the late 70's and 80's illegitimate since they did merge with the NHL?
    I think the Islanders might be disappointed.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    I'm not belittling the NFL. I'm just saying the merger was a business decision.The AFL really never existed as a real football competitor of the NFL before the first SB. They were really not as good as the NFL until the actual merger in 1970.Top to bottom, they were inferior to the NFL.My point is that the NFL championship before the suberbowl was the championship of the best teams and players in the world. The Superbowl started before the AFL was really anywhere near as good as the NFL.In other words, there was never any "sub championship" or anything close to it before the SB era. The NFL chamionship was the true championship of pro football.
    Well the USFL existed during some of the 80's so the teams that won the SB during that time are clearly iligitimate.
    Was the USFL composed of multiple relevant leagues that merged. No. Therefore it doesn't compare.

More bias ignorance.
    You know the old adage about........."first stop digging"?

Thank you, Morehead, I mean the USFL and mis-named it the WFL.
    Of course I should have known the WFL didn't count, because it was in Europe.
    He still hasn't answered whether or not the SB champs were truly champs during those USFL days.

Veteran
    Were the Stanley Cups of the late 70's and 80's illegitimate since they did merge with the NHL?I think the Islanders might be disappointed.
    The Stanley cup was always the Stanley cup. The championship for pro football has always changed.

Was the USFL composed of multiple relevant leagues that merged. No. Therefore it doesn't compare.
    Neither did the AFL teams compare for their first 7 years, but you discount that. You CANNOT discount the USFL simply because they didn't merge. They had doazens of legitimate NFL quality players. Merging or not merging is often a function of the money involved and the strength of fan following to confirm legitimacy.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Thank you, Morehead, I mean the USFL and mis-named it the WFL. Of course I should have known the WFL didn't count, because it was in Europe.He still hasn't answered whether or not the SB champs were truly champs during those USFL days.
    Hey dumbass. Way to show me you can't read. I don't recall the USFL ever merging with other relevant leagues?

Lets review your position.

A championship is only relevant when......

There is not a competing league being played at the same time........ with the following conditions......

1. It exists
    2. It ultimately was merged into league in question
    3. That league was...(give me a moment).....formed from multiple other leagues that were legitimate.

I think you are going down a road that leads to a very dark place. A dark place for dark souls......and I'm afraid for you.

Hey dumbass. Way to show me you can't read. I don't recall the USFL ever merging with other relevant leagues?
    What about my question regarding the NHL?

+ Reply to Thread