+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Poppa and Banks were all over the Refs yesterday

I find both of them to be pretty objective. They were really on the refs for giving every call to the Jets yesterday.

Re: Poppa and Banks were all over the Refs yesterday

I was listening to them while watching the game. They were spot on. The refs were atrocious, and I'm not speaking as a fan of the Giants, but as a fan of the game. The way they were twisting and bending the rules to favor the Jets was outlandish. The NFL is so quick to fine and suspend players, but what they REALLY need to do is review these games, watch these horrendously biased calls, and fine/suspend these idiots who dare to put on the zebra stripes.

I counted 4 blatantly obvious calls that went in the Jets' favor.

2 sacks of Sanchez, in which the ball was knocked out of his hand and would have been a fumble in any other game. Santonio Holmes catching, taking 2 steps, and fumbling(incomplete?!) And the Ross TD, which was CALLED a TD on the field, was mind blowingly bad. They needed irrefutable evidence to overturn the TD, right? I saw the ball go off of Rolle's foot and Ross grabbed it. Never touched the ground, and the film didn't show anything differently. Overturned with no evidence

Worst offciated game of the season
    I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.
    ― Franz Kafka

Not to mention that outrageously obvious holding penalty on the jets on a scoring play that wasn't called.

[quote user="hammer-time"]Not to mention that outrageously obvious holding penalty on the jets on a scoring play that wasn't called.
    [/quote]

I went nuts over that one. Couldn't believe how that was just ignored like an ugly girl at a party.

*note...thats not to say the other ones didnt grind my gears either. i'm just saying that hold was absurd.

I hear you, I am not one to blame the refs, but it has seemed in the last few games the Giants are not getting any calls. I don't think there is an agenda, but clearly the refs are making huge mistakes.

Veteran

BTW I'm sick and tired of listening to Mike Pereira..... Is he a Giants hater or something?

Bench Player

Ditto! This guy seems really happy to side against the Giants on every questionable call! Dude p!!sses me off

[quote user="M0rbid"]BTW I'm sick and tired of listening to Mike Pereira..... Is he a Giants hater or something?
    [/quote]i think so...isn't he suppose to be unbias??...what purpose does he serve if he can't see what we all see going on...maybe he's in the review booth...now that i think of it, seems he only shows up for NYG broadcast....

Veteran

[quote user="TroyArcher"]I find both of them to be pretty objective. They were really on the refs for giving every call to the Jets yesterday.[/quote]

Anyone with eyes would have had the same opinion. It has been a bad year for the stripes this year however this game was really bad.