+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

The NFL is Dyiing a slow death

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...cflstyle-field

Competition committee was looking into widening the field in the name of player safety, Which is BS. The NFL wont be happy until Defense is completely phased out of the game. I dont know about u guys but if they widen the field I am done, The game will be screen pass after screen pass to 5'9" 174 pound WR's running around in space . There will be No more size on the Dline, the game wont be recognized by us today

Wow, pretty soon QB's will be throwing for 6,000 yards easily.
    I can't believe this.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

What a shame. *There are no other words*.

It will never happen. Its like people talking about raising the rim in basketball. You don't mess with success, these guys are paid millions, if a few get seriously injured then thats the risk they take and the reason its the money they make.

Sheesh, people act like we're throwing these guys in the gladiator ring and feeding them to the lions, when in fact its a game that 6 year olds play

the NFL unfortunately can do no wrong,,,,people will continue to consume the product at a high rate. it is what it is,,,the NFL is by far the most popular league in America and will remain that way for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    the NFL unfortunately can do no wrong,,,,people will continue to consume the product at a high rate. it is what it is,,,the NFL is by far the most popular league in America and will remain that way for a long time.
    I disagree a change like this will turn many off but your right it would still be the most popular sport. I for 1 will be done though. Im already sickened by the lack of Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I disagree a change like this will turn many off but your right it would still be the most popular sport. I for 1 will be done though. Im already sickened by the lack of Defense
    I don't think it will turn many away,,turn them off,,maybe,,,but will they still turn their TV's on Sundays? you bet. are you gonna stop making draft videos? hopefully not, you love it too much,,and besides Jedi,,do most fans even know how wide the field is anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    It will never happen. Its like people talking about raising the rim in basketball. You don't mess with success, these guys are paid millions, if a few get seriously injured then thats the risk they take and the reason its the money they make.

Sheesh, people act like we're throwing these guys in the gladiator ring and feeding them to the lions, when in fact its a game that 6 year olds play
    The players get paid millions in return for bringing in billions. It's fair remuneration, they should never be criticised for what they earn. Their allowance is miniscule compared to what their employers pull in because of them.

A few getting seriously injured? Good luck finding an ex-NFL player with no permanent injuries. The game shortens lives.

"NFL". Trademark. That isn't a sport - it's a brand. What you watch every Sunday isn't sport - it's entertainment. The league wants to keep serving this up but if it continues down its current path, it won't be able to for much longer.
    You can preach the "In my day" crap all you want, but the reality is, people will stop playing if former stars continue to kill themselves. Couple that with the inevitable lawsuits which will be filed against the league and it will eventually reach breaking point.

Ultimately, this isn't about the players' safety at all, it's about the league's. It has to protect its players to protect itself.

Bench Player
    50 yards right?

Quote Originally Posted by 22for25 View Post
    50 yards right?
    53 1/3 yards wide, I believe.