+ Reply to Thread

Thread: None Of Dallas Area Pro Teams Are Poised For A Title Run But Cowboys Could Be Worst

None Of Dallas Area Pro Teams Are Poised For A Title Run But Cowboys Could Be Worst

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...e-of-all.html/

Excerpt: "Then there’s the Cowboys, who have been stuck in a rut of mediocrity for more than a decade. The salary cap has made the NFL a young man’s game, but the bread-winning Cowboys are in their 30s — Tony Romo (33 this season), Jason Witten (31) and DeMarcus Ware (31).

The offensive line needs to be overhauled, and the defense will be switching back to a 4-3 in 2012. The Cowboys are another franchise in transition — and they are looking up at Washington. The Redskins swept Dallas and won the NFC East last season with rookie Robert Griffin III at quarterback." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Cowboys are in even worse shape then we are

I think all three NFC East teams are.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...e-of-all.html/

Excerpt: "Then there’s the Cowboys, who have been stuck in a rut of mediocrity for more than a decade. The salary cap has made the NFL a young man’s game, but the bread-winning Cowboys are in their 30s — Tony Romo (33 this season), Jason Witten (31) and DeMarcus Ware (31).

The offensive line needs to be overhauled, and the defense will be switching back to a 4-3 in 2012. The Cowboys are another franchise in transition — and they are looking up at Washington. The Redskins swept Dallas and won the NFC East last season with rookie Robert Griffin III at quarterback." Read more...
    I hate the idea of the 'bread winning Cowboys' are in their 30s. Ware is the only one I'd be concerned about. Witten has never relied on any kind of athleticism for his success and has few good years ahead of him. and Romo is a QB. 33 isn't exactly 'old' for a QB-- also I wouldn't mind if we lost him at any rate.

But outside of that, most of the Cowboys that are worth keeping are youngsters or guys in their prime (Lee, Carter, Carr, Claiborne, Church, Scandrick, Bryant, Austin, Smith, Murray, etc)

That's not to say we're not in bad shape. But the reason isn't age. The reason is the drunken idiot running the show. But in that sense age is a good thing. He's gotta step down eventually and he's getting closer and closer every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Cowboys are in even worse shape then we are
    Probably. But because you have a better owner. I think personnel wise there are more questions for the Gmen than the Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Probably. But because you have a better owner. I think personnel wise there are more questions for the Gmen than the Boys.
    The Giants on Offense just need to keep their players but I dont think much tweeking needs to be done. Resign Nicks,Cruz,Beatty, Bennett "Not easy" they will be set up at the Skill positions for at least 3 years until Wilson and Randle become FA. Defense is another story its a train wreck. The Dline fell apart over night. JPP and Joseph are the only sure thing. They need a starting corner, a 3 Tech, MLB, thats the bare minimum of starters. In reality they also need to add a Nickel pass rusher and a FS if Phillips is not retained. The LB core could be totally flipped on its head and no 1 would care. Back end CB depth isnt good.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    The Giants on Offense just need to keep their players but I dont think much tweeking needs to be done. Resign Nicks,Cruz,Beatty, Bennett "Not easy" they will be set up at the Skill positions for at least 3 years until Wilson and Randle become FA. Defense is another story its a train wreck. The Dline fell apart over night. JPP and Joseph are the only sure thing. They need a starting corner, a 3 Tech, MLB, thats the bare minimum of starters. In reality they also need to add a Nickel pass rusher and a FS if Phillips is not retained. The LB core could be totally flipped on its head and no 1 would care. Back end CB depth isnt good.
    I thought there wasn't going to be enough space to re-sign Beatty, Nicks and Cruz and certainly not Bennett?

+ Reply to Thread