+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Darce Mock (first ever)

Round 1: Sheldon Richardson: DT, 6'4 295lbs Missouri
    If he gets past the cowboys we have no choice but to take him. Great athlete; could gain some weight while maintaining his athleticism. Versatile enough to kick out to DE on early run downs as well.

Round 2: Khaseem Greene: LB, 6 235lbs Rutgers
    The more I watch this guy the more I think he's a stud; I owe Nycsportsfan for this one. May have to play OLB in the nfl but he's a flat out playmaker who does everything well and a good athlete.

Round 3: Tank Carradine: DE, 6'5 265lbs Florida state
    ACL injury late will cause him to drop. I think the potential is too much to pass up at this point. His rookie year will probably be a wash.

Round 4: Tharold Simon: CB, 6'2 190lbs LSU
    Great size, stepped up after the loss of Claiborne an led LSU in interceptions and pass break ups. Not sure how he will run at the combine.

Round 5: Michael Williams: TE, 6'6 270lbs Alabama
    Potential to put on weight and become a tackle in the nfl. At worst he's a perfect replacement to Bennett. Monster blocker with elite size.

Round 6: Miguel Maysonet: RB, 5'9 205lbs Stony Brook
    As a stony brook student I may be biased but this kids got all the skills to make it in the nfl. Would love to get him this late and if he proves to be a capable reciever it would add great depth to our RB stable.

Round 7: Kicker
    Enough said. Tynes time is up.

OL help will come from re-signing Beatty and Boothe. Also bringing in a low/mid cost free agent to compete with brewer for RT.
    Last edited by DarceChoke; 02-11-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Sheldon Richardson is basically the same player Marvin Austin was coming out of the draft. A freakishly athletic DT who gets after the QB but struggles against the run. If the Giants do take him I'm guessing they're not too high on Austin stepping up this year.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Sheldon Richardson is basically the same player Marvin Austin was coming out of the draft. A freakishly athletic DT who gets after the QB but struggles against the run. If the Giants do take him I'm guessing they're not too high on Austin stepping up this year.
    Yeah that's one thing that was tricky with this draft. 3 tech is a need but if the coaching staff is high on Austin then it may not be. I loved the Austin pick when it was made and if he can contribute next year that'd be huge. Then maybe if a CB or outside pass rusher falls in round 1 we can make that pick and sub in a run stuffer DT later on in the draft.

Do you think their is any OL in FA that won't break the bank and could compete for RT?

I like your mock a lot. Only critique is no OL, but I get it...tough to fill all needs. Personally, I want Bennett back, so I'd skip the TE in the 5th. Love picks 1-3...maybe Richardson and Greene won't be there, but it's a mock and there's a chance they will be.

Quote Originally Posted by born blue View Post
    I like your mock a lot. Only critique is no OL, but I get it...tough to fill all needs. Personally, I want Bennett back, so I'd skip the TE in the 5th. Love picks 1-3...maybe Richardson and Greene won't be there, but it's a mock and there's a chance they will be.
    Yeah their is a very good chance both guys could be gone but I guess that would mean someone else dropped. Should be interesting how this all pans out.

After I made the mock I realized that I didn't put any online in. If we don't resign some of our guys that could be huge.

1st two picks are very close to my mock.. I went Floyd / Arthur Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    1st two picks are very close to my mock.. I went Floyd / Arthur Brown
    I'm going to have to check out Arthur Brown more now; I don't know much about him. I keep hearing his name lately and some people think he may end up being the best LB in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by DarceChoke View Post
    Round 1: Sheldon Richardson: DT, 6'4 295lbs Missouri
    If he gets past the cowboys we have no choice but to take him. Great athlete; could gain some weight while maintaining his athleticism. Versatile enough to kick out to DE on early run downs as well.

Round 2: Khaseem Greene: LB, 6 235lbs Rutgers
    The more I watch this guy the more I think he's a stud; I owe Nycsportsfan for this one. May have to play OLB in the nfl but he's a flat out playmaker who does everything well and a good athlete.

Round 3: Tank Carradine: DE, 6'5 265lbs Florida state
    ACL injury late will cause him to drop. I think the potential is too much to pass up at this point. His rookie year will probably be a wash.

Round 4: Tharold Simon: CB, 6'2 190lbs LSU
    Great size, stepped up after the loss of Claiborne an led LSU in interceptions and pass break ups. Not sure how he will run at the combine.

Round 5: Michael Williams: TE, 6'6 270lbs Alabama
    Potential to put on weight and become a tackle in the nfl. At worst he's a perfect replacement to Bennett. Monster blocker with elite size.

Round 6: Miguel Maysonet: RB, 5'9 205lbs Stony Brook
    As a stony brook student I may be biased but this kids got all the skills to make it in the nfl. Would love to get him this late and if he proves to be a capable reciever it would add great depth to our RB stable.

Round 7: Kicker
    Enough said. Tynes time is up.

OL help will come from re-signing Beatty and Boothe. Also bringing in a low/mid cost free agent to compete with brewer for RT.
    Love the mock

Richardson is a beast and imediate starter.
    Greene is a solid thumper who is an absolutely devastating run stopper with surprisingling good coverage skills.
    Carradine is a project at DE due to his injury but i agree the GMEN need a DE - Wouldnt mind seeing an OL like Quessenberry our of SDSU here
    Simons is one of my sleeper picks. kids a play maker and more physical than Claiborne ever was.
    Williams is a Giants Type TE. Best Blocking TE in the draft. Eli makes any TE look good in the pass game

Personally i wouldnt wast a pick on Maysonet just because i think he goes undrafted and can be picked up as a UDFA. I have no doubt about his ability to play just that we can get him via another avenue.

Solid mock ... I like how you addressed IF Richardson gets past the Cowboys. I think you also need to include the Rams in that equation.

But a very good mock ... I'd be fairly happy with that outcome.