+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rotoworld's LB tiers..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I've seen him take on Runners in the hole many times.. He just so happens to have the ability to catch RB's from behind, which most MLB's simply can't do, so it might look that way to some.. Sure, he gets swallowed up by monster Olineman, just as most 230lb LB's do from time to time, but his overall upside, playmaking ability, athletic ability, possible versatility, past expierence at S(can only help), is way to much to pass up.. He also isn't affraid to lay a big hit, which i've seen em do on multiple occasions... Ogletree is a fantastic prospect!
    Its not talking about taking on RB's its when a TE or OL comes at him in the hole he will retreat and chase instead of engaging and making the tackle.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-15-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Its not just tackles at all.. I'm 100pct on getting playmakers on our defense, which is clearly what we lacked and have for the most part even during our championship runs, outside of some sack artists.. Guys who have a knack for making plays and football instincts are the way to go, every day of every wk..

U can go look at timed 40's and all this, but when u watch a guy like Khaseem Greene, u can just tell hes a diffrence maker.. Hes got the measurables as well... Basically hes really good at the game of football and is physical enough and big enough to continue that in the NFL... This team needs guys who have great instincts and playmaking ability.. Guys who will make a diffrence while not showing extreme weaknesses in other aspects of the game, which i don't think Greene really has.. Hes good enough against the run, and isn't gonna embaress u in pass coverege, and hes fast enough and strong enough to get to the QB on blitzes.. Thats the kinda players this team needs..

To be honest, i woulden't be mad i f the giants went Ogletree and Greene in the 1st 2rds... I think there gonna make that kinda impact on whos ever defense they play for...
    I like them both as prospects I just dont know how well Ogletree projects inside of a 4-3 right away. He could start as a WILL day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I like them both as prospects I just dont know how well Ogletree projects inside of a 4-3 right away. He could start as a WILL day 1
    The issue with that is Jwill will be useless. We need to get him and ogletree on the field at once which means that if we pick ogletree he must be able to play the position right away..I love ogletree but I am not sure he can step in and play MLB right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    The issue with that is Jwill will be useless. We need to get him and ogletree on the field at once which means that if we pick ogletree he must be able to play the position right away..I love ogletree but I am not sure he can step in and play MLB right away.
    No it won't. there are two outside linebacker spots, plus that sub package role of big safety which is what J Will played last season.

But J Will at 230+ pounds could play some SAM. He already spends a lot of his time lining up against TEs

+ Reply to Thread