+ Reply to Thread

Mock Draft...2/11/2013

Recent off-season activity……
    Bradshaw = Released
    Canty = Released
    Boley = Released
    WR’s = Giants have publicly stated that Nicks is the priority and Mara has also publicly stated that Cruz is asking for too much.

Round 1 – Kevin Minter, ILB – LSU…. Kid is aggressive and has top notch instincts. Not a flashy player, but ultra-productive on a very dangerous defense. By the time the draft gets here, this kid’s stock is going to sky-rocket. Blackburn is a good player, not a great. Herzlich is serviceable. Time to bring in a stud.

Round 2 – Sam Montgomery, DE – LSU… A Beast! Another reason why LSU’s defense was so dangerous and this guy was as productive as anyone in the country. Physically, he is ready to compete, but he still needs to learn the game and who better to mentor him, than Justin Tuck. Osi is gone, Tuck is aging and JPP cannot do it alone.

Round 3 – Sylvester Williams, DT – North Carolina… Raw. He only started playing football when he was a senior in high school. However, in that brief time, Williams has shown the ability to explosive. He actually lost weight this past season and it allowed him to show his quickness off the ball. Canty is gone, Bernard is ancient, Austin has not proven anything yet and Kuhn is coming off an ACL tear.

Round 4 – Darius Slay, CB – Miss St.… Great size and speed. He is big corner that showed a lot of promise this season, while playing in the shadows of Jonathan Banks. Slay can ball and some solid numbers, especially due to the fact that teams shy’d away from throwing to Banks.

Round 5 – Michael Dyer, RB – Arkansas State…. Incredible talent. He is built like Ray Rice and has the ability to develop into that type of player. He has some off the field issues, but the Giants have a hole at RB and bringing in another young talent will not hurt. Wilson is going to be good, but this is a different league and most teams do not have a sole RB. I expect the Giants to bring in a vet to replace Bradshaw, but Dyer is pure value here and can help in the return game.

Round 6 – Travis Frederick, C/G – Wisconsin…. Versatility. Frederick can play both Guard and Center in the NFL. The Giants drafted Brandon Mosley last year and I think he can play in this league if he can stay healthy. For insurance purpose, the Giants should look at a guy like Frederick, in case Mosley doesn’t pan out and Baas gets banged up. Giants are notorious for finding O-Line value late in the draft and/or via free agency.

Round 7 – Zeke Motta, S – Notre Dame… Solid. His game reminds me a lot of Sash, but Motta seems to be a more aggressive. Some say that he had an “ugly” BCS game, but if your Safety is leading the team in tackles, he is not the issue. Motta is a good “football player” and he plays the game with heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeyitus View Post
    Bradshaw = Released
    Canty = Released
    Boley = Released
    WR’s = Giants have publicly stated that Nicks is the priority and Mara has also publicly stated that Cruz is asking for too much.

Round 1 – Kevin Minter, ILB – LSU…. Kid is aggressive and has top notch instincts. Not a flashy player, but ultra-productive on a very dangerous defense. By the time the draft gets here, this kid’s stock is going to sky-rocket. Blackburn is a good player, not a great. Herzlich is serviceable. Time to bring in a stud.

Round 2 – Sam Montgomery, DE – LSU… A Beast! Another reason why LSU’s defense was so dangerous and this guy was as productive as anyone in the country. Physically, he is ready to compete, but he still needs to learn the game and who better to mentor him, than Justin Tuck. Osi is gone, Tuck is aging and JPP cannot do it alone.

Round 3 – Sylvester Williams, DT – North Carolina… Raw. He only started playing football when he was a senior in high school. However, in that brief time, Williams has shown the ability to explosive. He actually lost weight this past season and it allowed him to show his quickness off the ball. Canty is gone, Bernard is ancient, Austin has not proven anything yet and Kuhn is coming off an ACL tear.

Round 4 – Darius Slay, CB – Miss St.… Great size and speed. He is big corner that showed a lot of promise this season, while playing in the shadows of Jonathan Banks. Slay can ball and some solid numbers, especially due to the fact that teams shy’d away from throwing to Banks.

Round 5 – Michael Dyer, RB – Arkansas State…. Incredible talent. He is built like Ray Rice and has the ability to develop into that type of player. He has some off the field issues, but the Giants have a hole at RB and bringing in another young talent will not hurt. Wilson is going to be good, but this is a different league and most teams do not have a sole RB. I expect the Giants to bring in a vet to replace Bradshaw, but Dyer is pure value here and can help in the return game.

Round 6 – Travis Frederick, C/G – Wisconsin…. Versatility. Frederick can play both Guard and Center in the NFL. The Giants drafted Brandon Mosley last year and I think he can play in this league if he can stay healthy. For insurance purpose, the Giants should look at a guy like Frederick, in case Mosley doesn’t pan out and Baas gets banged up. Giants are notorious for finding O-Line value late in the draft and/or via free agency.

Round 7 – Zeke Motta, S – Notre Dame… Solid. His game reminds me a lot of Sash, but Motta seems to be a more aggressive. Some say that he had an “ugly” BCS game, but if your Safety is leading the team in tackles, he is not the issue. Motta is a good “football player” and he plays the game with heart.
    Just so u know we will have a comp pick 5th or 6th round for Ross

I thought I heard Dyer wasn't entering the draft this year.

Frederick in the 6th just won't happen, but I Sam Montgomery and Williams in the 2nd and 3rd would great AWESOME! I like Minter but I think either Ogletree or Te'o will be there at 19.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    Frederick in the 6th just won't happen, but I Sam Montgomery and Williams in the 2nd and 3rd would great AWESOME! I like Minter but I think either Ogletree or Te'o will be there at 19.
    yea, I think Frederick is a 2nd rounder.. Montgomery in the 2nd is as good of a value you can get..

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeyitus View Post
    Bradshaw = Released
    Canty = Released
    Boley = Released

Travis Frederick I love but there is no possible way he's sliding all the way to the 6th round. He had a 3 or 4 th. Rd review but he is climbing fast, I will not be surprised if he goes mid-late 2md or 3 rd. That been said he is a tough SOB, would love him in blue next year.

Dyer isn't entering the draft last I heard. Sucks, now I have to change my mocks. I'll just put Knile Davis in that place I guess.

I like Minter against the run and LOVE his physicality, I just don't think he'll upgrade our defense enough to be a first round pick. Bad hips and will not be very good in coverage IMO. Hate giving the same response I was getting when I wanted Dont'a Hightower last year. haha

Minter at 19=yuck...I hate minter with a passion. He should not be a 1st round pick or even an early 2nd IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    Minter at 19=yuck...I hate minter with a passion. He should not be a 1st round pick or even an early 2nd IMO.
    This

If the Giants are going to draft a LB in the first round it should be Ogletree

Darius Slay was one of the players i thought would really drive his way up draft boards as people looked at em more, and not just Jonathan Banks.. Miss St has 3 really good CB's with Banks and Slay being the best 2, and Corey Broomfield being worthy of 7th rd or UDF consideration.. Slay has size, speed, some ball skills, and is highly athletic and wirey if u will.. I'm glad hes getting his due now, and working his way outta Banks shadow...