+ Reply to Thread

Combine results vs College Pro Days

How much weight does each of these have on the draft rankings? Does the combine have more of an impact?

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    How much weight does each of these have on the draft rankings? Does the combine have more of an impact?
    I prefer the Combine because all the players are in the same controlled environment. Much easier to compare the numbers. Different tracks and bias recordings happen at pro days

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I prefer the Combine because all the players are in the same controlled environment. Much easier to compare the numbers. Different tracks and bias recordings happen at pro days
    So after the combine....is that the final deciding factor........is that result what dictates where a player will rank on the board until draft day?

Definitely a "step up to the plate" kind of factor to the Combine. I'm sure pro days are a lot more comfortable. Combine probably tests their mettle a little more.
    Last edited by PBTimmons; 02-12-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    So after the combine....is that the final deciding factor........is that result what dictates where a player will rank on the board until draft day?
    I would say the most important evaluation is when a team brings a guy in for a personal workout. Of course, the whole picture is what this is all about.

The way I see it:

Combine and Pro Day = Job Fair
    Team Workout = Interview
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

I would say the most important evaluation is when a team brings a guy in for a personal workout. Of course, the whole picture is what this is all about.

The way I see it:

Combine and Pro Day = Job Fair
    Team Workout = Interview
    Right but the team workout is how a team will rank the player..........the other two are how the scouts/media/analysts rank them, and it also dictates where they fall on the board come the big day.