+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MLB?

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    Gee we are just killing time and having a little fun.
    I hear you bro I'm not being a hater. I just think it's a waste of time having man crushes on wishful picks because it almost never works out how any of us expect.

Quote Originally Posted by RichGiants81 View Post
    I hear you bro I'm not being a hater. I just think it's a waste of time having man crushes on wishful picks because it almost never works out how any of us expect.
    okay I understand so whats to talk about if we dont talk about stupid and silly stuff that we have no input on.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Interesting that Arthur Brown is Bryce Brown's big brother. Could make for some interesting competition on the field.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    6'1 235 is the standard size for nfl linebackers now.

If you take a look around the nfl at the younger top linebackers they are all about that size.

There are only a few who are over 245, and only a few who are 6'3+
    Even in the middle of a 4-3? Just seems so small. More an outside guy I would think. I guess I never noticed MLBs getting smaller.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by RichGiants81 View Post
    man crush? HAHAHA. That's kinda harsh.

I'd be thrilled if the Giants take an LB 1st or 2nd....but I'm totally resigned to more Reese dumpster-diving.

When it comes to linebackers, Reese sees special teams contributors, not dominating game-changers.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    Even in the middle of a 4-3? Just seems so small. More an outside guy I would think. I guess I never noticed MLBs getting smaller.
    Yep. The standard linebacker size now is 6'0-6'2, 235-245.

Sean Lee, Willis, bowman, Demeco Ryans, etc etc. all that size.

can't wait for the combine to see how big Arthur Brown really is..

I'd love OL and LB in the first 2 rounds. Its interchangeable for me in terms of position/round taken. I've been screaming for OL since the year GB took Bulaga (I think that was the JPP draft if I recall?) The problems only gotten worse. Woulda loved to replace KMac with a young stud. Never liked McClain as much as others that year, but def wanted Bruce Carter. He looked studly before the injury.

I do like Ogletree this year but who knows what Reese decides to do. Literally any position but QB, WR, and RB in the first would make sense. I'd even say TE and Saftey would be eyebrow raisers for me as 1st/2nd round picks.

So that would leave OL, DL, LB, and CB as postions I would think we should target in the draft. Supposedly this year is deep on DL so perhaps that gets pushed to 2nd or 3rd round even. That to me says LB, CB, or OL in the 1st and 2nd. That's how I look at it anyway.

Obviously if a beast DL or Saftey fell to 19 alla Prince I'd think we'd pull the trigger, but I think that the pick is LB, CB, or OL as previously stated.

With all the post on the subject lets hope that they finally get a MLB for the next 5 years or so once and for all.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

+ Reply to Thread