+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB?

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I was just going over some film on Arthur Brown and MAN is that kid good. Aggressive, solid and fast. Ogletree is my favorite in the draft right now because of his upside but man....the more I watch Arthur Brown the more I'm starting to change my mind.
    that's my plan B.. big fan

we're not going to get our LBers in free agency due to the cost so I'm hoping the front office starts to see things the way most of us do and do and draft smart athletic LBs in the first 2 rounds....after that I don't care who or what we draft as long as we get a monster for OT

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    Maybe with all these teams thinking they can get the next rg3 wilson or kappy they will waste a few picks before our pick we can only hope.Just would really like to see this settled once and for all.
    Yeah right now bleacher report has him listed as the 4th overall prospect. And I have seen other guys are very impressed with him after doing their film study. They only good thing might be he is undersized at 6'1 230.

I was just going over some film on Arthur Brown and MAN is that kid good. Aggressive, solid and fast. Ogletree is my favorite in the draft right now because of his upside but man....the more I watch Arthur Brown the more I'm starting to change my mind.
    could one of these 2 be a starter Arthur Brown or Ogletree Not even sure who we have as a MLB.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    could one of these 2 be a starter Arthur Brown or Ogletree Not even sure who we have as a MLB.
    I think Brown is better suited at MLB because he's better at shedding blocks and is stout against the run (from what I've seen). I can see him being a starter from day 1. I think Ogletree can play the Mike as well but is better suited at Will. I get the feeling if the Giants drafted Tree he'd likely play a limited role in his rookie season and eventually move up the depth chart. (IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I agree, but what concerns me is the fact that I haven't heard or read any of the Giants coaches or GM say anything about a need for LBers..
    Reese has said that we need improved play from the LBs.

I think Brown is better suited at MLB because he's better at shedding blocks and is stout against the run (from what I've seen). I can see him being a starter from day 1. I think Ogletree can play the Mike as well but is better suited at Will. I get the feeling if the Giants drafted Tree he'd likely play a limited role in his rookie season and eventually move up the depth chart. (IMO)
    Well looks like we may get one of the 2 we have spoke about or a stud OT Really think we are in good shape just the cap to deal with now.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I hope he ment we need LB's and not better play from the ones we have right now.

Starter
    I see you guys talking about guys like Teo and Ogletree like Reese is even gonna bother with them. Everybody is going to have the stud line backers that they want to fall to us and even if they do Reese won't draft them.. Just save your self the trouble of getting your hopes up for a stud linebacker and accept that we are just going to draft another late round bust

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Knowing him, he probably meat better play from Rivers, Williams, Kiwi and Paysinger....Oh and who could forget, Herzlich

This D would be much improved from a beast LB that could actually lead them (physically and emotionally) but knowing us, I wouldn't count on it.

I'm not one to complain and ##### about Reese's moves because 2 SB's in 5 years means he's doing something right, but I'm sick of seeing guys like Bruce Carter, Akeem Ayers, Navorro Bowman, Mason Foster, Daryl Washington, Sean Lee, Pat Angerer, Brandon Spikes, Donald Butler (I could go on forever) get picked up by other teams while we're watching....all of these guys aren't first rounders either by the way
    Last edited by egyptian420; 02-13-2013 at 12:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread