+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Giants Sign David Buehler

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton
    Buehler? Buehler? #NYG announce they have signed former Cowboys PK David Buehler. We'll see what two kickers on roster means for UFA Tynes

EDIT:

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...c-b7cecde3bb49 - RF

"The Giants announced today they have signed kicker David Buehler.

Buehler, who turned 26 last week, was with the Dallas Cowboys from 2009-2011. He handled kickoff duties throughout the first two of those seasons and in four games in 2011. In three years, Buehler had 60 touchbacks on 175 kickoffs, a 34.3 percentage. He led the NFL with 29 touchbacks (on 76 kickoffs) as a rookie in 2009.

In 2010, Buehler was also the Cowboys’ field goal kicker. He made 24 of 32 attempts (75 percent) with a long field goal of 53 yards vs. New Orleans on Nov. 25. Buehler also succeeded on 42 of 44 extra point tries for 114 points.

Buehler played in four games the following season and had nine touchbacks on 18 kickoffs. He did not attempt a field goal. Buehler was placed on injured reserve on Nov. 10, 2011 with a torn adductor muscle. He underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his hip on Dec. 11. Buehler was waived/failed physical by the Cowboys on March 13, 2012.

Buehler did not play in 2012.

Buehler joined the Cowboys as a fifth-round draft choice in 2009 from USC. He was the Trojans’ primary kicker in 2007 and 2008. In those two seasons, he converted 25 of 32 field goal attempts (78.1 percent), 117 of 120 extra point tries and had touchbacks on 64 of 172 kickoffs (37.2 percent). He was named first-team All-Pac 10 in 2008.

Buehler attended Canyon High School in Anaheim, California where he lettered in football, volleyball, golf, and track. He was born on Feb. 5, 1987."

EDIT:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1263394

Excerpt: "
    Lawrence Tynes has already kicked the Giants into a Super Bowl twice, but he may never get the chance to do it again.

With Tynes scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent next month, the Giants got some kicker insurance on Wednesday when they signed veteran David Buehler. The 26-year-old Buehler last kicked with the Dallas Cowboys from 2009 through the first four games of 2011, and was last their field-goal kicker in 2010.

Tynes, who'll turn 35 in May, just finished up a five-year, $7 million contract with the Giants. They'd like him back again, but according to an NFL source Tynes would like to see if a big pay day awaits him on the open market. The Buehler signing appears to be the cap-strapped Giants' way of protecting themselves in case Tynes leaves." Read more...

Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-13-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Wtf that guy is a tool!!!!

He's got a good leg if he has learned how to control it

Veteran
    Picking up another Dallas reject, hoping he works out like Bennett did

Competition for Tynes and/or food for thought in contract negotiations
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I just don't see the Giants resigning Tynes.

Buehler.. Buehler...... Buehler?

Yeah Tynes will be laughing "You guys got a guy who kicked 75% to put pressure on me?!?!"

I'd think Matt Dodge could kick 75 F#$%@&$ percent. This is a joke of a signing.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    Yeah Tynes will be laughing "You guys got a guy who kicked 75% to put pressure on me?!?!"

I'd think Matt Dodge could kick 75 F#$%@&$ percent. This is a joke of a signing.
    I may be missing something. I put the Giants.com blurb in the OP and I just don 't see how this guy is better than Tynes. BUT I don't know how inflated Tynes contract demands might be either. I do agree Tynes should be laughing.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-13-2013 at 04:28 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I may be missing something. I put the Giants.com blurb in the OP and I just don 't see how this guy is better than Tynes. BUT I don't know hoe inflated Tynes contract demands might be either. I do agree Tynes should be laughing.
    Nor do I but I think it means Giants don't think they will be resigning Tynes.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-13-2013 at 04:29 PM.