+ Reply to Thread

Strick's Full Mock W/ Explanations

I am new to mock drafts and I am trying to make this realistic and unique compared to others picks and try to add more variety of players than what others .

1st round: Desmond Trufant CB Washington- NFL in the bloodlines with brothers. Quick CB who is extremely competitve. I think he is going to a very good player. Sure his size isn't the same as J.Banks, X.Rhodes, etc. but he has very good in man coverage and is a good tackler. He is the type of CB we could use. He kind of reminds me of A.Winfield.
    2nd round: Oday Aboushi OT Virginia- he is athletic and is good at pass blocking. He could put on some more muscle before he becomes a great tackle. He is good at noticing an edge rusher on a blitz. With the right coaching he could be reliable OT which is what we need.
    3rd round:Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern St.- Big DT who is very explosive and strong. He had 8.5 sacks last year which is impressive for a DT. I think he could be a really good player who could make an impact for whoever he gets drafted by
    4th round: Jon Bostic MLB Florida-I am hoping we get a MLB in the free agent market. Bostic could be a good player. He had a HUGE hit on Teddy Bridgewater. I would be happy with this pick in the 4th. Would be good value.
    5th round: Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse- he was a productive player at syracuse and is not being looked at seriously according to most prospect rankings. He is very athletic and a big hitter. I saw somewhere that he says he can run a sub 4.3. I have friends that go to Cuse and they say that during the offseason you can see Thomas pushing his car around the parking lot for a workout.
    6th round: David Bass DE Missouri Western- another small school player but yet again productive. We dont have many glaring needs we followed this draft plan.
    7th round: Rex Burkhead RB Nebraska- hardworker productive back who would be a great teammate. He would be liked by fans for his character and he is an all around RB. Good value in the 7th.

I tried to pick players who were not appearing in other peoples mocks. If you dont like parts of it feel free to let me know. I am open to opinions.

Looks like a pretty solid mock. I liked Trufant myself. Some early mocks I saw online had the Giants taking Aboushi in the 2nd rd. I dont know if the 3rd rd is a stretch to grab Williams, but he and Bass both could be sleeper picks that could pay dividends for the Giants.

I posted my mock a few days ago, and ahh I received some constructive criticism. But hey, its all in good fun. I probably will post another after the combine and free agency.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

I have Trufant going to us in the first in my mock also. I have Bostic going to us in the 5th. I like your 3 and 7 picks also!

When did David Bass find the time to discover the fountain of youth AND convert to DE?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    When did David Bass find the time to discover the fountain of youth AND convert to DE?
    LMAO!

Thanks for the advice on this guys. I actually worked pretty harf on his to make it a mock where people most likely will be available at that point in the draft. All the major needs are selected here. Well kicker wouldn't be a bad UDFA and same with KR.

Banned
    I wouldn't mind the Trufant but history isn't on your side. Look at Reese's 3 DB's he drafted in the first round.
    Aaron Ross, 6'0''
    Kenny Phillips, 6'2''
    Prince Amukamara, 6'0''

He didn't draft Webster but he's also 6'0''

LOVE 2 3 and 4.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    LOVE 2 3 and 4.
    Thanks man I really like those picks as well. I am struggling to find the CB who I like the most that we could actually get with our 1st rounder. Rhodes and Banks both are bigger CB, but I love Trufant's competitve nature and work ethic. At the senior bowl on the 1 on 1 drills he told M.Wheaton (best WR there) to go against him because Trufant said if he wanted to be the best at the Senior Bowl than he would have to beat the best. I just love the attitude that he has.

Here is a video of his road to the NFL and there are multiple people explaining why he should become a star in the NFL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lPhlW8srI8

I feel like people really do not know how to react the the Shamarko Thomas pick in the 5th. Last year he started all 13 games and he recorded 88 tackles, 3 FF, and 2 INT's (from CBSsports). CBS says he runs a 4.39 but he claims that he has run sub 4.3. He is a big hitter and he plays through injuries. He had a cast on his hand for multiple games from what I remember from the season. Here is a highlight of him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cReVg_PmrU

People have posted things on Maponga so I imagine that some of you have seen him play.

Rex Burkhead in the 7th in my opinon would be a steal. He reminds me on Helu kind of who also came from Nebraska. He also was overlooked really for reasons that I do not know. He went to the skins and he played well then I believe he got injured. Here is a video of Rex he is an all around back I think he would be liked if he was drafted by us. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klWMlw6WVqs

I do have to thank you for not immediately jumping on the LB round 1 or the sky is falling bandwagon...

Haha yeah I mean its not like our team is set in all other positions and there are 0 FA that could fill the void. Our best bet woild probably be get a young LB who can go sideline to sideline with decent coverage and let him develop under a FA MLB... I would prefer to do that. I would feel more comfortable to have a vet in there until the developing player is ready to come in. In this draft there are quite a few guys yoi could get in the mid rounds like Bostic or Nico Johnson who could become quality players.