+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL.com Ranks Arthur Brown as The Best LB

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Still think brown will surprise at the combine. Similar to how there were some who thought Kuechly was not that athletic.

Brown may very well run in the 4.4s.

Just looks slower, IMO, because he's smaller and doesn't take a lot of false steps. Ogletree looks like he's sprinting across the field quite a bit.
    Was just about to same something like this. I was watching some footage of Brown dropping into coverage against WR's and running stride for stride with them.

Arthur Brown, at least to me, doesn't look like he lacks for explosion at all.

Seems there's a chance Ogletree is gone in hthe 1st & Brown/Greene are gone in the 2nd....one of those 3 would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Was just about to same something like this. I was watching some footage of Brown dropping into coverage against WR's and running stride for stride with them.

Arthur Brown, at least to me, doesn't look like he lacks for explosion at all.
    Watch the Baylor video. Towards the end of the video he chases rg3 down like nothing.

Watch the Baylor video. Towards the end of the video he chases rg3 down like nothing.
    Just watched it....impressive. I just finished watching him against Oklahoma too. Can't really say who he reminds me of....he's like a hybrid of different LB's I've watched in the pro's. Anyway here's the link to the OU game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-8PakrrQok

A
    t 3:20 he murders a wide-out.

He reminds me of bowman a lot to be honest. Similar type of range and physicality.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Yes Brown is better than both. But is rising up the boards like crazy and the Giants may not have a shot at him. I would hate if they took Te'o he looks slow on tape and struggles to get off of blocks.
    as of now he is more polished than ogeltree,,but ogeltree has much more athleticism and upside, he could wind up as one of the best players in this draft. the questions with brown are he is undersized and will he be able to hold up in the NFL with out being pushed around? or cover bigger WR's and TE's? I would be happy with either.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    as of now he is more polished than ogeltree,,but ogeltree has much more athleticism and upside, he could wind up as one of the best players in this draft. the questions with brown are he is undersized and will he be able to hold up in the NFL with out being pushed around? or cover bigger WR's and TE's? I would be happy with either.
    Brown isn't undersized. Unless Willis, ray Lewis, and Bowman are undersized too.

Ogletree doesn't have a lot more athleticism. I'd say they are about equally athletically. Ogletree just has a bigger frame and is 2" taller

Brown isn't undersized. Unless Willis, ray Lewis, and Bowman are undersized too.

Ogletree doesn't have a lot more athleticism. I'd say they are about equally athletically. Ogletree just has a bigger frame and is 2" taller
    so if you stand brown next to these guys mentioned you are saying they look the same? not even close,,,those LB's you mentioned are well put together dudes whereas brown is smallish for 230, and probably cant get much bigger, ogeltree can and will.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    so if you stand brown next to these guys mentioned you are saying they look the same? not even close,,,those LB's you mentioned are well put together dudes whereas brown is smallish for 230, and probably cant get much bigger, ogeltree can and will.
    Brown is almost the exact same size as bowman, Willis, and the current ray Lewis. All of them are about 6'0-6'1 235-245 pounds. A difference of five or so pounds is nothing significant.

Now that's assuming brown measures in the size his school reports...

Brown is almost the exact same size as bowman, Willis, and the current ray Lewis. All of them are about 6'0-6'1 235-245 pounds. A difference of five or so pounds is nothing significant.

Now that's assuming brown measures in the size his school reports...
    Agree. In my eyes he looks or " plays " taller than his actual size report. The combine will strip away any doubts.

+ Reply to Thread