+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1

    Who's your pick in this mock?

    Charlie Campbells latest mock is up on Walterfootball
    http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013charlie.php

    Who would you take at 19 in this situation. Notable available players: Sheldon Richardson, Alec Ogletree, Okafor, Datone Jones, Teo, Minter, and Montgomery.

    For me it would easily come down to Richardson or Ogletree. Both are elite athletic specimens at the position and are just plain play makers. That's exactly what this defense needs. I know Richardson is probably the higher rated player, but at the end of the day I would go with Ogletree because I believe he could be the JPP of 2013. A guy who was drafted in the teens but if the draft were to happen again would go top 5.

    Alright GM's you're on the clock...

  2. #2
    easy Richardson or Ogletree.. probally my 2 favorite prospects, both fill huge needs

    I'd say Ogletree though, Its time to upgrade the LBs.. enough is enough
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

  3. #3
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC ......... Justin Gilbert "bandwagoneer"
    Posts
    8,146
    I'd take Ogletree. Gives the Giants an instant upgrade in size, speed and coverage ability at the LB position. Of all the players you listed there I believe he also has the most upside and play making ability.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    easy Richardson or Ogletree.. probally my 2 favorite prospects, both fill huge needs

    I'd say Ogletree though, Its time to upgrade the LBs.. enough is enough
    haha tell me about it!

    I know he compares similarly to Daryl Washington in terms of height/weight/speed, but how would you compare the two? Washington is only 230 but still holds down the middle in a 3-4 no less. That's why I think Ogletree would flourish in a 4-3 with two mammoths (Linval and Rogers) in front of him.

  5. #5
    Veteran Mlerman17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Binghamton/L.I., NY
    Posts
    689
    Ogletree


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Charlie Campbells latest mock is up on Walterfootball
    http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013charlie.php

    Who would you take at 19 in this situation. Notable available players: Sheldon Richardson, Alec Ogletree, Okafor, Datone Jones, Teo, Minter, and Montgomery.

    For me it would easily come down to Richardson or Ogletree. Both are elite athletic specimens at the position and are just plain play makers. That's exactly what this defense needs. I know Richardson is probably the higher rated player, but at the end of the day I would go with Ogletree because I believe he could be the JPP of 2013. A guy who was drafted in the teens but if the draft were to happen again would go top 5.

    Alright GM's you're on the clock...
    Richardson
    Okafor
    Montgomery
    Teo
    Ogletree
    Minter
    Jones

    in that order

  7. #7
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    Richardson
    Okafor
    Montgomery
    Teo
    Ogletree
    Minter
    Jones

    in that order
    Wow you really aren't high on Ogletree. I absolutely see the case for Richardson though. He has elite interior pass rush potential. Ive seen one report compare him to JJ. I'd take that haha

    For the "experts" in here, I see a huge drop off in talent outside of the top 40. Do you think so and if so would you trade our 3rd to move up and get another impact player? Some guys who might be there could be Datone Jones, DJ Fluker,Margus Hunt, Eifert, etc

  8. #8
    Ogletree is a freak of nature

    Would love to have this kid on our team

  9. #9
    Ogletree

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Ogletree
    huh.. wouldn't have guessed that..
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts