+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL.com Ranks Arthur Brown as The Best LB

I love Brown in the 2nd, if we miss out on Ogletree.. starting to think he might be gone

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Just out of curiosity whats your grade on Te'o?
    Had him in the Top 15 early in the season to a 3-4 team. The more games I went through the Alabama game especially and then the weirdness . 2nd round might get worse depends on how he tests.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Ogletree has more upside than Brown, but Brown is the best inside linebacker in this draft class.
    Considering how many mention this on these boards I get the impression that Ogletree is boom/bust. Is he similar to a Pierre Paul prospect? When we picked Pierre Paul we knew he could develop and wouldn't be an instant starter.

I'm just not sure we have the right environment at LB for a potential project/ high round LB who might not start from day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Still lots of time between now and the draft day, this would be a good pick up in the right area. Still think if we have a shot at a good DE we should go for that in the first. That or a CB, which they will sorely need...

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    Considering how many mention this on these boards I get the impression that Ogletree is boom/bust. Is he similar to a Pierre Paul prospect? When we picked Pierre Paul we knew he could develop and wouldn't be an instant starter.

I'm just not sure we have the right environment at LB for a potential project/ high round LB who might not start from day one.

Well ogletree can run and cover. He just may need to start off on the weakside where he can be protected by the DT in front of him. He is not good with his hands and gets walled off by OL easily.

It's probably coachable, but it's something that will likely prevent him from starting off in the middle early in his career.

Well ogletree can run and cover. He just may need to start off on the weakside where he can be protected by the DT in front of him. He is not good with his hands and gets walled off by OL easily.

It's probably coachable, but it's something that will likely prevent him from starting off in the middle early in his career.
    I think the worst thing that happens with him is u get an upper tier WLB. He can play man coverage against Tight Ends, Should be a very good blitzer, when he is clean he will make plays all over the field. I just dont like how he will avoid engaing with lineman. He will turn his back and chase but it gives up another 5-6 yards. Id like to see him come be able to beat blocks and make tackles. This is something thats on browns tape and not on Ogletree's.. the thing that Ogletree has on Brown is explosion. He is very quick and fast. thats something Brown wont ever be able to match but Ogletree can figure out how to beat blocks better

Still think brown will surprise at the combine. Similar to how there were some who thought Kuechly was not that athletic.

Brown may very well run in the 4.4s.

Just looks slower, IMO, because he's smaller and doesn't take a lot of false steps. Ogletree looks like he's sprinting across the field quite a bit.

Still think brown will surprise at the combine. Similar to how there were some who thought Kuechly was not that athletic.

Brown may very well run in the 4.4s.

Just looks slower, IMO, because he's smaller and doesn't take a lot of false steps. Ogletree looks like he's sprinting across the field quite a bit.
    Yeah he isnt a bad athlete will run in the 4..5's at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Yeah he isnt a bad athlete will run in the 4..5's at worst.
    Yea. I think a lot of us (I know I do) have trouble really evaluating how fast a guy is because you get distracted by size and how they look when they run.

I remember last year some thought martez Wilson was like a 4.9 type guy because he looked slow when he ran. He had a strange running motion. But he ran a 4.4 something at the combine.

Have to really just go by how much distance they cover and ignore watching the player actually run.

Yea. I think a lot of us (I know I do) have trouble really evaluating how fast a guy is because you get distracted by size and how they look when they run.

I remember last year some thought martez Wilson was like a 4.9 type guy because he looked slow when he ran. He had a strange running motion. But he ran a 4.4 something at the combine.

Have to really just go by how much distance they cover and ignore watching the player actually run.
    Im not sure how realastic he is for the Giants. 19 is a little early and he gets picked before they pick in the 2nd I believe.

+ Reply to Thread