+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you seen this guy?

Have you seen this guy?

So far folks seem to post about intriguing late round prospects in various threads -- mocks, "a look at '12-'13", new threads, etc. Thought it may be worth it to create a thread where folks could alert everyone of someone who just blew them away after reading a draft profile or watching some tape over on draftbreakdown. This is for the the Miguel Maysonets of the world, not for the Alec Ogletrees. We all want to uncover the diamond in the rough and know what proday to check in on.

So, who are you round 4-7 steals?

I'll start...Dennis Johnson, RB, Ark. Haven't seen him in 4 round mocks, so don't know where he'll go, but the kid seems to fit what we need as a DW compliment.

I have another Rb in mind, George Winn from the University of Cincinnati. 5-11 and 220 lbs and powerful. Reminds me of Alfred Morris as he does not have long speed but has excellent power and pretty good vision. Would be a great compliment to Wilson in the future. Check out his video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwdTstW1Jg

Quote Originally Posted by born blue View Post
    So far folks seem to post about intriguing late round prospects in various threads -- mocks, "a look at '12-'13", new threads, etc. Thought it may be worth it to create a thread where folks could alert everyone of someone who just blew them away after reading a draft profile or watching some tape over on draftbreakdown. This is for the the Miguel Maysonets of the world, not for the Alec Ogletrees. We all want to uncover the diamond in the rough and know what proday to check in on.

So, who are you round 4-7 steals?

I'll start...Dennis Johnson, RB, Ark. Haven't seen him in 4 round mocks, so don't know where he'll go, but the kid seems to fit what we need as a DW compliment.
    Dennis Johnson is very good but he is a fumbler

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Redeye, what do you think of Winn? Could be nice value in the 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    So was Tiki...just saying. TC can (maybe) fix that. You cut the vid of him in 2011 against So. Car. & someone else (I think). Sure he returned a kick for TD and showed nice moves, but he also showed good blitz pickup instincts...a key for a 3rd down back.

Anyway, I don't want to make this thread about DJ or only RBs...for example, someone created a thread about Bass, DE, from some small school in MO. Checked out a few highlights, and maybe the kid has game...

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    I have another Rb in mind, George Winn from the University of Cincinnati. 5-11 and 220 lbs and powerful. Reminds me of Alfred Morris as he does not have long speed but has excellent power and pretty good vision. Would be a great compliment to Wilson in the future. Check out his video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwdTstW1Jg
    Nice find, the guy looks like a very solid runningback.

Here's another off the radar guy, JUCO WR Courtney Gardener http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPYfjUFdtVs
    Draft insider Tony Pauline is hearing junior college WR product Courtney Gardner's name is making rounds in the NFL scouting community.
    Gardner just finished his time at Sierra College and was expected to attend Oklahoma in the fall, but academic issues forced him to the NFL instead. The big bodied (6'3/215) is extremely smooth on his cuts after the catch and physical skills appear to have scouts intrigued. He recorded a 10.7 second 100 meter run in the last few years

DE Armonty Bryant 6'5 265 85 inch wings span, school record in sacks. NFl scouts have compared him to Demarcus Ware
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPxEfFmRESg

He was invited to the NFL combine...guys gonna be a riser
    Last edited by juice33s; 02-12-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Blaize Foltz G TCU- Seen his stock all over the place, from 4th-7th. Expierenced player who fits our kinda gritty Olinemen of recent past..

Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- I can remember awhile back(like yr before last) Hawkinson was talked about as future 1st rder... Hes a solid pass protector who has some athletic ability, and room to add weight on his frame.. A ton of expierence as well...

Khalid Wooten CB Nevada- 6ft 200lber with some ball skills and solid speed... Worth a flier late...

Nick Kasa TE Colorado- This kids gonna go higher then some might think.. Athletic, good sized TE, whos just tipping the scales on his upside.. Converted DE..

Conner Vernon WR Duke- i think he could be a really good mid rd pickup if were worried about losing Cruz and don't want to draft early rd WR..

TJ Moe WR Mizzo- I like WR's like Moe and Vernon.. They got that Branden Stokley, Julian Edelman , feel to em... Moe reminds me of Stokley and Vernon reminds me of a more expierenced Edelman(vernon has more expierence at the postiton then edelman did)..

These guys are mixed sleepers, with some maybe going as high as RD 4, all the way down to 7th rd and possibly priority FA.. I got alot more, but i'll let others add some..

Another WR that is really flying under radars is JOSH BOYCE TCU.. He should've went back to school, but hes definetly got talent..

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    DE Armonty Bryant 6'5 265 85 inch wings span, school record in sacks. NFl scouts have compared him to Demarcus Ware
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPxEfFmRESg

He was invited to the NFL combine...guys gonna be a riser
    kid looks like a monster. I never hold it against a kid for going to a small school in a day and age when so many great NFL players went to small schools themselves. Andre Reed is from my town, went to the rival HS, and locally to Kutztown University,,talk about a small school and a hell of a WR. Best of luck to the young man and why not take a look at him in the later rounds.

+ Reply to Thread