+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bennett REALLY wants to stay a Giant...... let's HOPE we give him a fair offer

Veteran
    Maybe he likes NYC

he is a weird, weird guy. if anyone else follows him on twitter he talks about how he has no friends and he doesnt like people, and he's just out there. he can be hilarious at times, but he is a strange dude. makes me think he probably doesnt have a great locker room presence but who knows.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jax5338 View Post
    he is a weird, weird guy. if anyone else follows him on twitter he talks about how he has no friends and he doesnt like people, and he's just out there. he can be hilarious at times, but he is a strange dude. makes me think he probably doesnt have a great locker room presence but who knows.
    I saw a good story about him not too long ago. He has many interests and I didn't detect anything negative as far as a negative locker room presence but who knows. He seems to be very into his girlfriend/wife (not sure if he's married) and appears that he's happy with her being his one true friend.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

If he's not asking for the moon, then I'd be very interested in keeping him. I think that he's a solid TE.

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    I saw a good story about him not too long ago. He has many interests and I didn't detect anything negative as far as a negative locker room presence but who knows. He seems to be very into his girlfriend/wife (not sure if he's married) and appears that he's happy with her being his one true friend.
    Yeah. He is married, and I get that vibe from him too. And considering how many hangers-on athletes get, I can see why he may have trouble maintaining relationships, as there'd always be the doubt about if someone is being true or not.

However, just because the guy may not keep a lot of close friends outside of football doesn't mean he doesn't have a good locker room presence. Personally, I don't associate with many of the people I work with outside of work, but I have a pretty good working relationship with most of them most of the time.

As the world turns.......

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Yeah. He is married, and I get that vibe from him too. And considering how many hangers-on athletes get, I can see why he may have trouble maintaining relationships, as there'd always be the doubt about if someone is being true or not.

However, just because the guy may not keep a lot of close friends outside of football doesn't mean he doesn't have a good locker room presence. Personally, I don't associate with many of the people I work with outside of work, but I have a pretty good working relationship with most of them most of the time.
    Yup, I really have the same thing. I don't meet a lot of people in the military that I would call a true friend but we usually work together very well. I have a lot of work related friends but not a ton of friends I hang with outside of work..

been saying from day one.....Bennet has some sort of emotional/social issue. I like him as a player but his focus is all over the place.
    All you need to do is listen to one interview and you know this guys has something not quite right going on in his noggin
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    been saying from day one.....Bennet has some sort of emotional/social issue. I like him as a player but his focus is all over the place.
    All you need to do is listen to one interview and you know this guys has something not quite right going on in his noggin
    You don't need to be a social butterfly to play football and be good at it though..

Ha, this thread is funny. It went from a long reach interpretation by the OP to psychoanalyzing Bennett's social make-up and how that translates to being good or bad in the locker room.

Anyway, after Reese called Adrian Robinson the JPP of TEs, I would assume he wouldn't spend a lot of money, or at least not give a long term contract to a TE when he's trying to develop a young gun to replace him sooner rather than later. I doubt it's the money, as much as it's the time frame of the contract that will prevent a deal.

Bennett will go to TB to be with his brother, and hopefully we will see the rise of Adrian Robinson.

+ Reply to Thread