+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bennett REALLY wants to stay a Giant...... let's HOPE we give him a fair offer

Veteran
    What Bennett Tweeted: Martellus Bennett ‏@JoeGryffindor Free agency hadn't even started yet and I'm already tired of talking to people about the "possibilities"

What NYG4lifeNYK saw: Martellus Bennett ‏@JoeGryffindor Free agency hadn't even started yet and I'm ready to sign with the Giant for a veteran league minimum salary.

He's no Jason Witten but Bennett is a good player at the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    He's no Jason Witten but Bennett is a good player at the right price.
    Agreed....no need for create additional holes on this team.

However, I'm thinking the coaches, looking at the game tape, and talking to Eli, will have the best assessment of Bennett's value. Is he running the proper routes? Is he breaking well on the ball? Is he staying with the play? How is his blocking?......those answers don't just jump out at me while I'm watching the game live.....but I'm sure the coaches are breaking this down.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Ultimately I think Bennett did well enough in 2012 to warrant more money and a longer contract. Possibly more than the Giants feel comfortable giving him.

I hope he stays but I could see a team desperate for TE play to throw slightly more money at him (ala the Raiders and Kevin Boss).

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Ultimately I think Bennett did well enough in 2012 to warrant more money and a longer contract. Possibly more than the Giants feel comfortable giving him.

I hope he stays but I could see a team desperate for TE play to throw slightly more money at him (ala the Raiders and Kevin Boss).
    We've seen it happen in the past, that's for sure.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Yeah. He is married, and I get that vibe from him too. And considering how many hangers-on athletes get, I can see why he may have trouble maintaining relationships, as there'd always be the doubt about if someone is being true or not.

However, just because the guy may not keep a lot of close friends outside of football doesn't mean he doesn't have a good locker room presence. Personally, I don't associate with many of the people I work with outside of work, but I have a pretty good working relationship with most of them most of the time.
    he wasnt referring to only his teammates, but people in general. i actually like the way he plays, and if they can get him for a good price id definitely hope they sign him back. im just saying based off of what he writes on twitter that it seems like he is a weird guy, so i would not be shocked if he could rub the organization the wrong way down the road or something.

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    I saw a good story about him not too long ago. He has many interests and I didn't detect anything negative as far as a negative locker room presence but who knows. He seems to be very into his girlfriend/wife (not sure if he's married) and appears that he's happy with her being his one true friend.
    yeah the NYT did a great profile on him. seemed like a very interesting and introspective thoughtful dude with a wacky and goofy intellectual side. so i followed him on twitter - he just seems like a thoughtful dude with a cool and weird sense of humor, and very honest, and often just a goofy cornball. he likes everything from art galleries to fawning over sneakers.

i hope he stays. he really seems to love NYC saying it's another planet from Dallas and this is where he belongs. he will take less money to play her than go somewhere else that is for sure.

Veteran
    If we dont re-sign him I'll be really bummed. This is one guy who for sure wants to be A GIANT.. He's willing to re sign for a very very resonable offer. He played extremely well for us and proved he could play for us and offer us big plays. He's only going to get better. Not re-signing him will be a mistake. Not to mention he's an incredibly good blocker as welll.. A TE who can block? and make big plays? I'm sorry but if we let that go it'll be stupid. It's not like he's asking for a ridiculous pay day.

I'm excited at the prospect of having the Black Unicorn in Blue next year. He had a good first year and I'm sure he will only build on that going forward in our system. As him and Eli build more of a relationship on the field sky is the limit for this guy talent wise. I really hope they re-sign him.

+ Reply to Thread