+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If Cold Weather Playoff Games Are Not An Issue With Opponents To The NY Open Air SB..

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Did you miss when Flacco called it ******ed?
    LOVE your new addition to your sig.. See how long it'll take for certain special someones to notice.

Veteran
    The Ice bowl, The 58 greatest game ever Played, The 2007 Greenbay Championship game were Some of the best games ever where played in Real Cold weather, The Rich NonFan Corp thats got to be at the game and pay The NFLs ridiculous price. Thats whose crying. Its all about money. And theyre comfort.

BRING IT ON!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Did you miss when Flacco called it ******ed?
    Flaccos an idiot. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Oh absolutely. Every outdoor stadium is subject to undesirable weather. That's why I prefer places like Reliant with a retractable roof. You have the option of closing the roof if it looks like inclement weather, but you also still have a grass field. Same with the Cardinals stadium in the desert. Don't get me wrong. I only prefer this for the Superbowl. All other games, anything goes.
    hey since your in here, what's your take on Dan Conner?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    hey since your in here, what's your take on Dan Conner?
    I was excited about the signing last FA period because I felt he'd do better as a 3-4 ILB rather than a 4-3 MLB, and he was supposed to provide competition for the young Bruce Carter... but that race wasn't even close.

In short he's a stop gap. Not very fast, doesn't have great lateral speed, but has 'okay' instincts. Pretty good run stuffer, though. He plays the run bigger than he is (if that makes sense)... he holds his ground. But he also doesn't shed blocks as well as you would think. Not all that great on ST either. I was disappointed in the way he panned out here, but he was serviceable. Definitely not awful.

Here's a link to the entire Saints game, which was probably his best. (I'd recommend watching the videos individually and not in the thread for buffering purposes). http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallas...s.php?t=249741

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I was excited about the signing last FA period because I felt he'd do better as a 3-4 ILB rather than a 4-3 MLB, and he was supposed to provide competition for the young Bruce Carter... but that race wasn't even close.

In short he's a stop gap. Not very fast, doesn't have great lateral speed, but has 'okay' instincts. Pretty good run stuffer, though. He plays the run bigger than he is (if that makes sense)... he holds his ground. But he also doesn't shed blocks as well as you would think. Not all that great on ST either. I was disappointed in the way he panned out here, but he was serviceable. Definitely not awful.

Here's a link to the entire Saints game, which was probably his best. (I'd recommend watching the videos individually and not in the thread for buffering purposes). http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallas...s.php?t=249741
    Bringing in Connor makes me think one of two things, either the FO somehow thinks Herzlich is only a season away from becoming a starter, or we have our eyes on a MLB somewhere in the first 3 rounds and want a veteran presence there while the rook learns the ropes.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    LOVE your new addition to your sig.. See how long it'll take for certain special someones to notice.
    I know I'm late to the party on this, but I have wondered that as well. I don't think he has yet.

The Superbowl location isnt about the game, it is sad to say. It is about the activities surrounding the game.

Sponsors put up tents around the stadium. Merchandise is sold for hours or even days around the stradium. The NFL wants to make it's sponsors money and when it is cold or rainy there is very little foot traffic.

Furthermore the half time show needs to be a big enough performance to keep the ratings at least respectable enough to sell quality commercial time. Half time shows dont go over well in rain storms, Miami was asked to build a new roof over their stadium after the rain during the half time show a couple years ago. The NFL demanded it if they wanted future SBs.

I've only been to one SB. (Nightmare in Tampa). It definitely was more about the spectacle in the days before the game. Just the experience of walking around the stadium and surrounding areas was fun. On local beach, someone made a large sandcastle of Giants and Ravens helmets.Even bumped into a player and celebrity or two. T Saragusa eating at seaside place one afternoon. Endless stuff given away, and really cheap beers from every bar starting right after breakfast each day. Mixing with other Giant fans and even Raven fans was great. No real rivalry between teams then. I don't know how they will be able to duplicate this in NJ in Feb.

Others in my family have been to Arizona and Indy. Arizona was great. Indy OK, according to them.

Having said that, I hope for a real Nor'easter!

+ Reply to Thread