+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Have the Eagles ever won a SuperBowl?

[quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"][quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="miked1958"]I think his final record was something like 3-1 in nfl title games and 2-0 in SBs. So u were right. The eagles were the only team to defeat him in title type games? Which would also mean he never lost a playoff game. Not sure on that but pretty certain he won em all.

Every team he led to playoffs wound up in a title game or SB, so the answer is he was flawless in playoff games.

Man and we gave him up and Tom Landry. Wow[/quote]
    We also gave up Bill Belicheck and Sean Payton[/quote]

Hindsight is 20/20. Belicheck's first gig with the Browns was a disaster and Sean Payton was such a mediocre coordinator that he was eventually stripped of his playcalling duties in 2002. I remember laughing when the Saints hired him.
    [/quote]
    Yes but they both turned out okay though with something like 4 or 5 super bowl titles between them.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: Have the Eagles ever won a SuperBowl?

[quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"][quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="miked1958"]I think his final record was something like 3-1 in nfl title games and 2-0 in SBs. So u were right. The eagles were the only team to defeat him in title type games? Which would also mean he never lost a playoff game. Not sure on that but pretty certain he won em all.

Every team he led to playoffs wound up in a title game or SB, so the answer is he was flawless in playoff games.

Man and we gave him up and Tom Landry. Wow[/quote]
    We also gave up Bill Belicheck and Sean Payton[/quote]

Hindsight is 20/20. Belicheck's first gig with the Browns was a disaster and Sean Payton was such a mediocre coordinator that he was eventually stripped of his playcalling duties in 2002. I remember laughing when the Saints hired him.
    [/quote]
    Yes but they both turned out okay though with something like 4 or 5 super bowl titles between them.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***