+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Giants to target TE in First Round?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Well, they did draft Shockey a couple years back in the 1st. But, i don't see even Eiffert making Reese Pull the trigger. They passed on Fleener and Dwayne Allen fell to them in the bottom 2nd and passed. Allen played well for the colts, but i believe this draft is deeper than last years at TE. Dion Sims or even the Williams kid from Bama, are sleepers.
    Couple years back? more like 11 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I would go as far to say that they are not drafting a 1st round TE even if Bennett isn't resign.
    I'm with you. I would be shocked if we took a TE in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    A TE IMO is not worth 19th overall pick. That would be saying that Eifert, Ertz or Kelce is the 19th best player in the draft....which is a ridiculous notion. Even if the Giants lose Bennett, I very much doubt Reese would prioritize filling that role in the first round.

Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham, Kyle Rudolph....those guys didn't go in the first round. The only reason Vernon Davis went in round one was because he tore up the combine and ran a 4.3. None of the guys this year will do that.

What I'm trying to say is....NO WAY the Giants take a TE at 19.
    Ya but u can't look at those guys and think "oh they didn't go in rd 1 so other TE's wont".. if anything those guys and the impact they are making on the league is gonna have teams clamoring to make sure they don't miss out on the next TE they think could give the same kinda impact and draft em early then some of those guys went.. Another words, the careers of Graham, Gronk, Finley, Rudolph, are gonna help Te's get drafted earlier, and not hurt em...

All-Pro
    DC Jefferson from RU is going to be on Sirius this morning. Don't know where he will get drafted but he is an interesting prospect. He was recruited as a QB and switched to TE in college. He has never had a really great QB throwing to him but has still shown a lot of promise. Great size and hands.
    Last edited by Buddy333; 02-19-2013 at 09:20 AM.

I dont agree that the giants should go after a TE in the first round or the first three for that matter. there is TE value in rounds 4-7 Michael williams, vance mcdonald, etc.

The Giants have much bigger holes to fill CB/LB/DT/OL

Plus Eli makes any te look great - Boss/Pasco/Ballard/Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayC View Post
    Two words.....Adrien Robinson.......take TE off the board as a need.
    How quickly people give up on a draft pick after just one year. if anything pick up Williams (ALB) int he 6-7 round bc hes a great blocker. nothing higher than that though

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya but u can't look at those guys and think "oh they didn't go in rd 1 so other TE's wont".. if anything those guys and the impact they are making on the league is gonna have teams clamoring to make sure they don't miss out on the next TE they think could give the same kinda impact and draft em early then some of those guys went.. Another words, the careers of Graham, Gronk, Finley, Rudolph, are gonna help Te's get drafted earlier, and not hurt em...
    I get that but that but the TE class in not exactly weak. IMO I don't see the value of drafting an Eifert in round 1 when these guys haven't clear cut separated themselves from one another. You can pass on a TE in the 1st and still land guys like Kelce or Escobar in other rounds who are not far off at all. I just don't think the value is there for taking one 19th overall is kind of what I'm saying.

Nice analysis by the "Analyst"

Quote Originally Posted by VivianLV View Post
    simply stopping by to say hello
    hello

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    How quickly people give up on a draft pick after just one year. if anything pick up Williams (ALB) int he 6-7 round bc hes a great blocker. nothing higher than that though
    Williams will not be around 6-7

+ Reply to Thread