+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants to target TE in First Round?

A TE IMO is not worth 19th overall pick. That would be saying that Eifert, Ertz or Kelce is the 19th best player in the draft....which is a ridiculous notion. Even if the Giants lose Bennett, I very much doubt Reese would prioritize filling that role in the first round.

Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham, Kyle Rudolph....those guys didn't go in the first round. The only reason Vernon Davis went in round one was because he tore up the combine and ran a 4.3. None of the guys this year will do that.

What I'm trying to say is....NO WAY the Giants take a TE at 19.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    A TE IMO is not worth 19th overall pick. That would be saying that Eifert, Ertz or Kelce is the 19th best player in the draft....which is a ridiculous notion. Even if the Giants lose Bennett, I very much doubt Reese would prioritize filling that role in the first round.

Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham, Kyle Rudolph....those guys didn't go in the first round. The only reason Vernon Davis went in round one was because he tore up the combine and ran a 4.3. None of the guys this year will do that.

What I'm trying to say is....NO WAY the Giants take a TE at 19.

I tend to agree with this. Reese touted Robinson as the JPP of tight ends. While he may still be developing, if they don't sign Bennett, which I think they will do, I just don't see us going with a TE in the first round when we need so much more help
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Whatever Mel says, the opposite is bound to occur.

McShay >>>>>> Kiper

We're going to listen to a guy (Mel Kiper Jr) who's hair hasn't moved since 1985?

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    We're going to listen to a guy (Mel Kiper Jr) who's hair hasn't moved since 1985?
    That's not hair. It's an antennae through which he receives these type of insider tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Wrong. After his last orgasm in 1986, it was reported that his hair stood on end.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Veteran
    If we draft a tight end in the first round i'll flip my ****. We don't need a 1st round draft pick wasted on the TE position.. besides, I still think we could get Bennett back for cheap, and even if not we could still get a solid prospect in later rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    According to Mel Kiper's infinite NFL knowledge, the Giants may be looking to go TE in the 1st round.

The question is why? Bennet was damn solid. Robinson has yet to see the field. We always have Pascoe. And I'm sure we could bring in a cheap FA TE for security reasons.

Why do we need a TE in round 1? How about an OL or DL or LB?

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl-...ew-york-giants
    The real question is why would you fret about anything Kiper says?
    No one remembers who came in second.

there are a few mocks on NFL.com that have us taking TE Tyler Eifert from Notre Dame. I just don't see that happening, there are way better values at 19 then a TE. One even has DJ Fluker dropping to us at 19...i don't see that happening either but I would be very happy if we got him

+ Reply to Thread