+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Kiper says Warmack's stock is dipping...

not because of his play/ability but because some teams aren't wanting to use high draft picks on a guard. That doesn't necessarily mean he drops to us though, or that teams are being honest... but figured I'd post it anyway since I know a lot of posters are eying him.

Also while discussing Alabama players he said he's extremely high on DJ Fluker (some teams aren't) and thinks he could be a late first round pick... and that Eddie Lacy's stock is rising quickly.

If Warmack is there at 19 I'll run to Radio City myself and turn in the card.

I see Warmack going to the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I'm with you on that. Don't see it happening though.

I'll race ya..

That's about the only way we'll draft him

The last time a Guard was taken before the 15th pick was 1997, Chris Naeole to the Saints.

On average for the past two decades, only one Guard has been taken in the first round at all (average position - 21).

Pure Centers (do they even exist anymore?) fair even worse. Last one picked before pick #15 was back in 1993 and almost never see a first round pick in general.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 02-15-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    That's about the only way we'll draft him
    You don't think the Giants will take him? Warmack will go higher than most guard prospects this year because he's considered the best prospect at the position in the last decade or so. His tape is tremendous and IMO, even though he's a guard, he's one of the best and dominating players in the draft. Hands down.
    Last edited by titwio; 02-15-2013 at 01:31 PM.

You don't think the Giants will take him? Warmack will go higher than most guard prospects this year because he's considered the best prospect at the position in the last decade or so. His tape is tremendous and IMO, even though he's a guard, he's one of the best and dominating players in the draft. Hands down.
    I don't disagree and I wouldn't disagree that we not only need him, if he's available when we pick he'd be BPA.

BUT the position isn't a valued one and even less so by the Giants. The Giants letting Mike Iupati go for JPP, and Cordy Glenn go for David Wilson is a testament to where they are on the OG position.

And to be honest, I'm not sure they wouldn't be better served by grabbing the best DT or CB (or both) when we pick this year. If I was going to go FA a position, why not FA one of the cheapest ones?

Question: If Sheldon Richardson and Warmack are both available, who do you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Question: If Sheldon Richardson and Warmack are both available, who do you pick?
    I'd easily take Warmack. The Giants invested a 1st round pick on a RB last year because not only because Wilson was a great athlete but they were last in the league in rushing. This season teams on many occasions challenged the Giants to run the ball with no extra men in the box while they geared to doubling Nicks and Cruz and shutting down the passing attack. It worked on way too many occasions. We even heard Giants wide-outs proclaiming that their scheme was figured out. The point I'm making is the Giants need to run the ball again to remain a balanced team and not only is Chance the best Guard prospect who would be an upgrade over Boothe, but his biggest area of expertise is run blocking. He's a big reason on why Eddie Lacy is even being projected where he is in the draft. They ran it to his side constantly with success.

Sheldon Richardson is impressive but he reminds me a lot of Marvin Austin coming out of the draft. He's an athletic physical specimen at the DT position but struggles against the run. I've said this before but if they do take Richardson it's likely because they don't have faith in Austin stepping up this year.

If he gets past by the Jets and Titans and slips even more I could see the Cowturds snatching him away.