+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    You don't think the Giants will take him? Warmack will go higher than most guard prospects this year because he's considered the best prospect at the position in the last decade or so. His tape is tremendous and IMO, even though he's a guard, he's one of the best and dominating players in the draft. Hands down.
    I don't disagree and I wouldn't disagree that we not only need him, if he's available when we pick he'd be BPA.

BUT the position isn't a valued one and even less so by the Giants. The Giants letting Mike Iupati go for JPP, and Cordy Glenn go for David Wilson is a testament to where they are on the OG position.

And to be honest, I'm not sure they wouldn't be better served by grabbing the best DT or CB (or both) when we pick this year. If I was going to go FA a position, why not FA one of the cheapest ones?

Question: If Sheldon Richardson and Warmack are both available, who do you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Question: If Sheldon Richardson and Warmack are both available, who do you pick?
    I'd easily take Warmack. The Giants invested a 1st round pick on a RB last year because not only because Wilson was a great athlete but they were last in the league in rushing. This season teams on many occasions challenged the Giants to run the ball with no extra men in the box while they geared to doubling Nicks and Cruz and shutting down the passing attack. It worked on way too many occasions. We even heard Giants wide-outs proclaiming that their scheme was figured out. The point I'm making is the Giants need to run the ball again to remain a balanced team and not only is Chance the best Guard prospect who would be an upgrade over Boothe, but his biggest area of expertise is run blocking. He's a big reason on why Eddie Lacy is even being projected where he is in the draft. They ran it to his side constantly with success.

Sheldon Richardson is impressive but he reminds me a lot of Marvin Austin coming out of the draft. He's an athletic physical specimen at the DT position but struggles against the run. I've said this before but if they do take Richardson it's likely because they don't have faith in Austin stepping up this year.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I'd easily take Warmack. The Giants invested a 1st round pick on a RB last year because not only because Wilson was a great athlete but they were last in the league in rushing. This season teams on many occasions challenged the Giants to run the ball with no extra men in the box while they geared to doubling Nicks and Cruz and shutting down the passing attack. It worked on way too many occasions. We even heard Giants wide-outs proclaiming that their scheme was figured out. The point I'm making is the Giants need to run the ball again to remain a balanced team and not only is Chance the best Guard prospect who would be an upgrade over Boothe, but his biggest area of expertise is run blocking. He's a big reason on why Eddie Lacy is even being projected where he is in the draft. They ran it to his side constantly with success.

Sheldon Richardson is impressive but he reminds me a lot of Marvin Austin coming out of the draft. He's an athletic physical specimen at the DT position but struggles against the run. I've said this before but if they do take Richardson it's likely because they don't have faith in Austin stepping up this year.
    I don't see the Giants thinking that way. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I don't see the Giants thinking that way. I could be wrong though.
    I'm no expert, just giving off my opinion on the situation. I could be wrong too but if he's available for the Giants at 19....I really hope I'm right.

NFL Network's Mike Mayock stated on the Rich Eisen Podcast that Alabama OG Chance Warmack is the best 2013 draft-eligible prospect he's seen on film.

"The best player I've seen on tape is the guard from Alabama, Chance Warmack," said Mayock. "Now he's not going No. 1, but he's the best football player (in the draft)." Mayock expects the 2013 draft to be heavy on offensive and defensive linemen in the first round, because they are the strength of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    NFL Network's Mike Mayock stated on the Rich Eisen Podcast that Alabama OG Chance Warmack is the best 2013 draft-eligible prospect he's seen on film.

"The best player I've seen on tape is the guard from Alabama, Chance Warmack," said Mayock. "Now he's not going No. 1, but he's the best football player (in the draft)." Mayock expects the 2013 draft to be heavy on offensive and defensive linemen in the first round, because they are the strength of the draft.
    the war belly. if by "chance"we could get him in the first and arthur brown in the second I would be giddy like a little school girl.
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 02-16-2013 at 02:35 AM.

Kinda reminds me of David De Castro who Pitt picked with the 24th pick. But best player in the draft? Jarvis Jones is a heck of a pass rusher similar to Von Milller, probably even more athletic..And Patterson from Texas is ridiculously talented. Best Football Player not even on his team, dee millner is as solid a player at CB, and will be drafted way before him.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Kinda reminds me of David De Castro who Pitt picked with the 24th pick. But best player in the draft? Jarvis Jones is a heck of a pass rusher similar to Von Milller, probably even more athletic..And Patterson from Texas is ridiculously talented. Best Football Player not even on his team, dee millner is as solid a player at CB, and will be drafted way before him.
    Jones is not even in the same ballpark as Von Miller. Miller is a once a decade type pass rush talent.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 02-16-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Jones is not even in the same ballpark as Von Miller. Miller is a once a century type pass rush talent.
    So your saying he's the greatest pass rusher of all time?.....Lawerence Taylor (cough, cough)

And in that mold you'd also have to look at Derrick Thomas, Andre Tippet, Pat Swilling and Kevin green

So your saying he's the greatest pass rusher of all time?.....Lawerence Taylor (cough, cough)

And in that mold you'd also have to look at Derrick Thomas, Andre Tippet, Pat Swilling and Kevin green
    Once in a decade I meant. Miller, LT, and Derrick Thomas are the three who I would compare.