+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Kiper = turd

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Kiper is an idiot. How is his stock falling? All of a sudden teams realized hes a guard?

Or perhaps your rankings were complete crap to begin with. And no guard is going to go top 5. Even top 10 is pushing it.
    I agree . . . it makes no sense for a guy's stock to "drop" at this stage because of his opinion. Kiper is just finding out that his "stock" in the player is different than the NFL "stock" in the player and is adjusting his stock accordingly.

No offense to Warmack, but how does a C/G get projected for the 1st round, much less the top 15 picks? I can understand the value of an OT going 1st, even going top 5.....but a G/C? Unless he can possibly translate into an OT in the Pro's.........he is not a good selection for the 1st round IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    No offense to Warmack, but how does a C/G get projected for the 1st round, much less the top 15 picks? I can understand the value of an OT going 1st, even going top 5.....but a G/C? Unless he can possibly translate into an OT in the Pro's.........he is not a good selection for the 1st round IMHO.
    Lots of teams feel that way. Which is why guards don't get drafted that high. I do think once you get past 15 then guards are considered. Far different from top 5 to 15 and later though

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Yeah, if he is there at 19, its a no brainer. Fluker I seeing is being more equated to a RT. I would rather a LT if we are going 1st with a Takckle in this draft.

Lacy will be a stud.
    If a guy like Fluker lasted until our 2nd round pick I would LOVE that. But I doubt he will, and we NEEEEEEEEEEEED a RT...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Lots of C/G's have been taken in the backend of the 1st the last few years and I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 2 selected there once more.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    If Warmack is there at 19 I'll run to Radio City myself and turn in the card.
    That's about the only way we'll draft him

The last time a Guard was taken before the 15th pick was 1997, Chris Naeole to the Saints.

On average for the past two decades, only one Guard has been taken in the first round at all (average position - 21).

Pure Centers (do they even exist anymore?) fair even worse. Last one picked before pick #15 was back in 1993 and almost never see a first round pick in general.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 02-15-2013 at 01:26 PM.

He won't make it past the Cowboys..

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I agree . . . it makes no sense for a guy's stock to "drop" at this stage because of his opinion. Kiper is just finding out that his "stock" in the player is different than the NFL "stock" in the player and is adjusting his stock accordingly.

Actually it does ... a lot of "off position" players get rated very highly up to the Draft and then teams bail on them.

A good example is the Giants and Cordy Glenn last year. He was projected as a mid-first round pick and slid to the second. AND that was with him being projected as either a Guard or Tackle.

But Kiper is still a turd.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 02-15-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    That's about the only way we'll draft him
    You don't think the Giants will take him? Warmack will go higher than most guard prospects this year because he's considered the best prospect at the position in the last decade or so. His tape is tremendous and IMO, even though he's a guard, he's one of the best and dominating players in the draft. Hands down.
    Last edited by titwio; 02-15-2013 at 01:31 PM.