+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

DE position, a need ?

Seeing how Tuck's ability is declining, getting long in the tooth and a well know history of injuries is hard to believe the Giants are giving him a long term contract , heck they are letting him playout his contract, even if they wanted to give him an extension that's practically impossible right now. Question here could be is there a DE pass rusher worthy of spending a 1st or 2nd round this year and do the Giants envision resigning Tuck next year when his contract ends up?

I really like Okafor. I just think he's a can't miss type of guy if he stays healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I really like Okafor. I just think he's a can't miss type of guy if he stays healthy.
    You feel he can be a JPP kind of player to spend the 1st round draft pick on him as BPA ?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    You feel he can be a JPP kind of player to spend the 1st round draft pick on him as BPA ?
    I dont think so. He wont be that good

Veteran
    Pass rusher is our biggest need.

I'd like a DE around pick #4 or #5.. I'll roll with JPP, Kiwi, Tuck, Ojomo & Tracy, really want to see Ojomo out there..

De isn't a need but a luxury. However it prob will turn into a need next year so if we take one we will be prepared with a player waiting in the wings. But taking one this year will not help us fill our needs at ol/lb/dt/cb

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Pass rusher is our biggest need.
    They need to add a pass rusher whether its a 3tech , a LB,DE doesnt matter. Osi is gone ,Tuck is on his last legs. U cant count on Ojomo to fill the Shoes of All Pro level players like that. Could he be Dave Tollefson? yes but your asking alot of him to be a 10 sack edge rusher.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-13-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Veteran
    I wonder if it's better to get a Sheldon Richardson type of DT that'll eat up space on the inside and make life easier for Tuck and JPP

Ezekiel Ansah is one player I would of like to have