+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

DE position, a need ?

Seeing how Tuck's ability is declining, getting long in the tooth and a well know history of injuries is hard to believe the Giants are giving him a long term contract , heck they are letting him playout his contract, even if they wanted to give him an extension that's practically impossible right now. Question here could be is there a DE pass rusher worthy of spending a 1st or 2nd round this year and do the Giants envision resigning Tuck next year when his contract ends up?

I really like Okafor. I just think he's a can't miss type of guy if he stays healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I really like Okafor. I just think he's a can't miss type of guy if he stays healthy.
    You feel he can be a JPP kind of player to spend the 1st round draft pick on him as BPA ?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    You feel he can be a JPP kind of player to spend the 1st round draft pick on him as BPA ?
    I dont think so. He wont be that good

Veteran
    Pass rusher is our biggest need.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Pass rusher is our biggest need.
    They need to add a pass rusher whether its a 3tech , a LB,DE doesnt matter. Osi is gone ,Tuck is on his last legs. U cant count on Ojomo to fill the Shoes of All Pro level players like that. Could he be Dave Tollefson? yes but your asking alot of him to be a 10 sack edge rusher.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-13-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    They need to add a pass rusher whether its a 3tech , a LB,DE doesnt matter. Osi is gone ,Tuck is on his last legs. U cant count on Ojomo to fill the Shoes of All Pro level players like that. Could he be Dave Tollefson? yes but your asking alot of him to be a 10 sack edge rusher.
    Why not? 6ft 4in 270lbs, who prooved what kinda pass rusher he could possibly be with his preseason last yr.. Judging from his body type, looks to be in great shape.. I don't see why he cant be a 7-12 sack guy, given the reps...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Why not? 6ft 4in 270lbs, who prooved what kinda pass rusher he could possibly be with his preseason last yr.. Judging from his body type, looks to be in great shape.. I don't see why he cant be a 7-12 sack guy, given the reps...
    Against 3rd teamers. The OT play is dreadful in that video .Not just sacks either but consistently force pressure. Physically he isnt very explosive. Nowhere near the level of burst of an elite edge rusher. He would have to improve leaps and bounds quickness wise over this off season.Its fine if they want to develop him but I think they are crazy if they are counting on him for Osi production. Im not talking low level Osi production because that isnt helpful. This team needs the pass rushers to get home
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-14-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Against 3rd teamers. The OT play is dreadful in that video .Not just sacks either but consistently force pressure. Physically he isnt very explosive. Nowhere near the level of burst of an elite edge rusher. He would have to improve leaps and bounds quickness wise over this off season.Its fine if they want to develop him but I think they are crazy if they are counting on him for Osi production. Im not talking low level Osi production because that isnt helpful. This team needs the pass rushers to get home
    Its a risk , but they see him in practice all the time, and i'm sure have a idea what to expect outta him and what he can or can't accomplish.. Regardless of the comp last preseason, those were guys right on the edge of NFL careers, and he was outter worldly... Hes got talent, and the size to help against the run as well.. Im interested in seeing him this yr...

Perfectly put.