+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DE position, a need ?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Thats all im saying.. I'm fine with taking a DE in RD1, but i woulden't go forgetting about this guy yet..
    With Reese every draft its always an adventure, this year ? no different IMHO, enjoy the ride !

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Then you should be delighted to know that he's just been cut from a team where, for the vast majority of the year, had less sacks than JJ Watt (and only finished with 4.5 more).

Tolly was an average to below-average defensive end in his time here, and he proved he isn't a starter in this league. I'm glad this myth has been debunked.
    Yeah he was depth nothing more. Was never a starting quality player.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-15-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    To be honest, i think Dave Tollefson would of been a 6-10 sack a season guy had he not been behind some of the best pass rushers in giants history... I also think u exagerate his burst.. THe guy can get to the QB, and u give em reps, he'll do just that.. And most WR"s match up physically to each other, thats not much of a arguement there.. I mean,t heres guys who run sub 4.5's and have size that don't sniff playing time... Cruz simply knows how to play the game of football and he now has a legit QB throwing em the ball, so it shows.. U put Cruz on the browns, and no one knows who he is or cares..

Anyways, back to the subject at hand.. Ojomo showed me enough to give him a strong look, and i mean STRONG, this preseason... I think he'll fit just nice in a rotation, where hes on the field alot more then he was last yr.. I'd be shocked if he dosen't have at least 5-8sacks based on what i saw.. Dudes a beast!
    If u think Tolly was was a quality starting end then Im just going to stop the conversation because its pointless. I think the only reason the guy was effective at all was because better players surrounded him.

Im not at all exaggerating I see DT's that are quicker from there stance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GvudiqTQ0
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-15-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Then you should be delighted to know that he's just been cut from a team where, for the vast majority of the year, had less sacks than JJ Watt (and only finished with 4.5 more).

Tolly was an average to below-average defensive end in his time here, and he proved he isn't a starter in this league. I'm glad this myth has been debunked.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I am excited to see what Ojo can do,,he has to get a shot this year,right?
    If we go into this season planning for Ojomo to have any more than a back-up type role, our defense will be worse than last year.

I was wondering since Ojomo is pretty strong at the POA if he could play inside some. His lack of quickness and speed wont be so glaring against Guards

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I was wondering since Ojomo is pretty strong at the POA if he could play inside some. His lack of quickness and speed wont be so glaring against Guards
    Take it for what it's worth,
    http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGd...adewale-ojomo/

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I didnt mean as a full time DT just in passing situations. I really disagree with almost everything that report says. Speed to get around the Edge? top end speed? he ran a 5.0 sec 40

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I didnt mean as a full time DT just in passing situations. I really disagree with almost everything that report says. Speed to get around the Edge? top end speed? he ran a 5.0 sec 40
    I do believe he was a project coming out of school but with some tools to work on. I don't agree with the report of him lacking speed around the edge but I did see him getting blown out of position a lot in the running game but I think and saw it more of a result of bad technic and his side to side movement was better than OK. Good holding off blocks in the zone-blocking scheme when I saw him play. I think he will be ready when his time comes to contribute.

+ Reply to Thread