+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    De isn't a need but a luxury. However it prob will turn into a need next year so if we take one we will be prepared with a player waiting in the wings. But taking one this year will not help us fill our needs at ol/lb/dt/cb
    A " luxury " in paper but if Tuck goes down this year or his nagging injuries come back then it would not be a luxury. And if someone is available and/or BPA is at reach then it would be an intelligent move. i don't think Tuck is coming back in 14, Nicks contract is up and probably Cruz too if tendered. That been said with Beatty and Boothe not signed OL is top priority IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    I wonder if it's better to get a Sheldon Richardson type of DT that'll eat up space on the inside and make life easier for Tuck and JPP
    Very athletic player but I don't know if his " lack " of size is going to be a problem playing in the NFL. In the end if it all comes down to a DT in the 1st round I will jump in the air if big Jonhathan Hankins is available and gets drafted by the Giants.

Any time it's not a strength, it's a need.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    They need to add a pass rusher whether its a 3tech , a LB,DE doesnt matter. Osi is gone ,Tuck is on his last legs. U cant count on Ojomo to fill the Shoes of All Pro level players like that. Could he be Dave Tollefson? yes but your asking alot of him to be a 10 sack edge rusher.
    Why not? 6ft 4in 270lbs, who prooved what kinda pass rusher he could possibly be with his preseason last yr.. Judging from his body type, looks to be in great shape.. I don't see why he cant be a 7-12 sack guy, given the reps...

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Pass rusher is our biggest need.
    I won"t go as far to say that DE is our biggest need bro, but will say it stopped being a strength.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Why not? 6ft 4in 270lbs, who prooved what kinda pass rusher he could possibly be with his preseason last yr.. Judging from his body type, looks to be in great shape.. I don't see why he cant be a 7-12 sack guy, given the reps...
    Against 3rd teamers. The OT play is dreadful in that video .Not just sacks either but consistently force pressure. Physically he isnt very explosive. Nowhere near the level of burst of an elite edge rusher. He would have to improve leaps and bounds quickness wise over this off season.Its fine if they want to develop him but I think they are crazy if they are counting on him for Osi production. Im not talking low level Osi production because that isnt helpful. This team needs the pass rushers to get home
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-14-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Against 3rd teamers. The OT play is dreadful in that video .Not just sacks either but consistently force pressure. Physically he isnt very explosive. Nowhere near the level of burst of an elite edge rusher. He would have to improve leaps and bounds quickness wise over this off season.Its fine if they want to develop him but I think they are crazy if they are counting on him for Osi production. Im not talking low level Osi production because that isnt helpful. This team needs the pass rushers to get home
    Its a risk , but they see him in practice all the time, and i'm sure have a idea what to expect outta him and what he can or can't accomplish.. Regardless of the comp last preseason, those were guys right on the edge of NFL careers, and he was outter worldly... Hes got talent, and the size to help against the run as well.. Im interested in seeing him this yr...

what about Dion Jordan.. could play strong side LB and move to DE on passing downs..

They need to add a pass rusher whether its a 3tech , a LB,DE doesnt matter. Osi is gone ,Tuck is on his last legs. U cant count on Ojomo to fill the Shoes of All Pro level players like that. Could he be Dave Tollefson? yes but your asking alot of him to be a 10 sack edge rusher.
    Perfectly put.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Any time it's not a strength, it's a need.
    Especially when our defensive philosophy depends on getting a consistent pass rush. No pass rush, no defense