+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Mock with Lane Johnson probably gone now...

New Mock with Lane Johnson probably gone now...

I did a mock that i still love a couple wks ago, but it had Lane Johnson as our 1st, and hes seemingly gone up enough in draft boards, that he'll probably end up a dolphin, charger, or cardinal come late April.. With that said, i gotta do another mock, becuase i just don't see Lane Johnsn being available at 19.. Kinda funny, i was saying Johnson would be a 1st rder come april when most had em as a mid 2nd, and now(due some to Jr's going back to school), hes actually gonna be a TOP15 pick most likely..lol Hes having a great offseason so far, just watching his stock go higher and higher.. Also, i dont think the Athletic T is gonna hurt himself at combine, but probably help or solitify himself as the 3rd best OT in this class, so i feel confident he'll be gone when we pick..

This was my last mock- L.Johnson, K.Greene, J.Taylor, B.Winters, S.Maponga, E.Wolff, D.Johnson

Heres my newest mock....

1). Alec Ogletree ILB/WLB Georgia- One of my fave players, becuase of his instincts, athletic ability, and ability to impact a game.. Clearly made GA better on D when he returned..

2). Logan Ryan CB Rutgers- Love this kid, and i'm alittle iffy on Xavier Rhods being available when we pick in RD2, and Jordan Poyer for that matter... I think Ryan fits our scheme well, and has a bright future.. Ryan, Prince, and Hosley make for a nice trifecta of Corners going forward..

3). Tank Carradine DE Florida St- Would of been 1st rder, or early 2nd if not for injury.. Young kids like this have good chance of recovering and coming back fine, and i think Carrdine is gonna be fine, and would be great future replacement for Tuck, and learning a yr under Tuck would be awesome for the kid..

4). Brian Winters G/T Kent St- Sticking with the gritty WInters here, as hes versatile and in the Young David Diehl mold...

5). Nick Kasa TE Colorado- Been falling hard for the converted DE lately.. His stocks been rising, and i'm looking forward to the athletic big guy to show off at the combine which could further his rising stock.. Would make a great redzone weapon for ELI...

6). Earl Wolff S NC State- I love this kids leadership qualities, and he can cover as well as support the run.. Great late pick here..

6)(comp for a.ross) Graham Pocic G/C/T Illinois- Can play multiple positons on the oline, and offers value this late in the 6th.. Fits gritty style of the past olineman of giants lore like Seubert, Ohara, and Mckenzie...

7). Miguel Maysonet RB Slippery Rock- Most know of him now on here, and i would not mind bringing in the elusive Small school back to compete for 3rd rb duties and possibly more.. We need the depth at RB..

Good mock.

I'm not sure if I'd be thrilled with Alec Ogletree as our first pick. I like the kid but I think he's a little too raw at a position that we undervalue in the first place (i.e. I'm losing my love of this kid).

Olgetree is my horse going forward, love the Logan Ryan / Winters picks.. solid mock, lots of value here

All-Pro
    You Dont think one of the other 18 teams below us would like a LB of Olgetrees capability?? I know there are other LBs that will go before him to other teams but you never know what players are on whos draft boards. The question is. Will the Giants be willing to trade up to get this guy? I doubt it.

Not worth wasting a draft pick in this draft. We dont move up in GOOD Draft seasons and this happens to be one of the weaker years.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    Okay So lets say Olgetree is already gone when we come up to pick/. do we go OLine or take the HeadCase Tao if he is there with the hope that he can put all his issues behind him and become a solid PRO?

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Okay So lets say Olgetree is already gone when we come up to pick/. do we go OLine or take the HeadCase Tao if he is there with the hope that he can put all his issues behind him and become a solid PRO?
    If Ogletrees gone, i hope one of Lane Johnson, Ez Ansah, Chance Warmack, or Alex Okafor is on the board.. It should be safe that one of them is on the board if Ogletrees gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Good mock.

I'm not sure if I'd be thrilled with Alec Ogletree as our first pick. I like the kid but I think he's a little too raw at a position that we undervalue in the first place (i.e. I'm losing my love of this kid).
    THanks.. Ya, to each there own.. Some are happy with Ogletree and some don't care for taking MLB in rd 1.. I obviously am fine with it, depending on the MLB.. Ogletree is one i don't mind taking in rd 1..

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    If Ogletrees gone, i hope one of Lane Johnson, Ez Ansah, Chance Warmack, or Alex Okafor is on the board.. It should be safe that one of them is on the board if Ogletrees gone...
    Would love to Land Warmack for our OLine cause i watched that kid at Alabama for the past several years and he will be a superstar. but i dont think he comes anywhere close to number 19..he goes way before that

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Do you like Okafor? Opinions around here seem to be mixed on him . . .

If Ogletree is gone, I'm all aboard the Okafor train... (unless Warmack is there which isn't very likely). Would also be thrilled with Lane Johnson. Great size, gets in position quickly and moves extremely well. Plus, look at his body of work! QB, DE, RT, LT... he's still improving and will only get stronger and develop better fundamentals as a pro.

+ Reply to Thread