+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it a possibility that both Rolle & KP go?

I dont see us dumping Rolle this season, while is cap number is big, almost all of it is garunteedd this season, I think it would cause like 7 mil in dead space and only save like 1 mil.

After next season when his number stays at like 9 mil though and we would only have like 2 mil in dead space with like 7 mil saved, they'll likely make a move.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

I see losing either one as a disaster. Rolle though I admit he is overpaid seemed to be one of the few players that had any intensity on defense this year. Kenny Phillips is a flat out beast our defense is night and day when he plays versus when he's out.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCDBS View Post
    I see losing either one as a disaster. Rolle though I admit he is overpaid seemed to be one of the few players that had any intensity on defense this year. Kenny Phillips is a flat out beast our defense is night and day when he plays versus when he's out.

Luckily we picked a good year to have this problem . Lots of good safeties in this draft.

KP > Rolle.......For all the hype Rolle got coming here he hasn't been anything close to what I expected.......granted he's versatile and has his moments but not in the upper tier of safeties or corners in this league. Might have a different opinion of him if he was allowed to play his actual position the whole time he's been here.

If they were to lose both. That would free up some money. One could only dream that they'd try and make a serious play for Ed Reed. And then just sign Stevie back. (never will happen. But one can only dream)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with that. Honestly our Defense was bad last year, can't be all that worse with those Sash and Hill. Plus the Giants are on a mini rebuild year so anything is possible.
    We have the 31st ranked defense, the worse we can be is 32 lol

My guess would be he goes next year like someone else mentioned, it makes more sense money wise. We will keep Brown and HIll will play much more. It just depends if they think hill and brown are the future or if KP will be able to play for years to come at a high enough level and without injury to be worth investing in

Losing Rolle would be devastating to the defense. Hes by far the best guy the Giants have in the secondary. He absolutely needs to stay.

No.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    Losing Rolle would be devastating to the defense. Hes by far the best guy the Giants have in the secondary. He absolutely needs to stay.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread