+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it a possibility that both Rolle & KP go?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    Losing Rolle would be devastating to the defense. Hes by far the best guy the Giants have in the secondary. He absolutely needs to stay.
    LOL

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    LOL
    Losing rolle would be a huge mistake. Him and Stevie where the only two who showed up all season defensively. What games were y'all watching?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite_nj View Post
    Losing rolle would be a huge mistake. Him and Stevie where the only two who showed up all season defensively. What games were y'all watching?
    The same games as you, but we noticed he was a liability in coverage. He gives up a lot of big plays because of bad positioning and poor angles. He's not a good coverage safety, but is good (not great) in the box. We overpaid for him and have been paying the price ever since. Sure he's a vocal leader on the defense, but what good is that when he sets bad examples on the field with undisciplined coverage. He's fortunate that his cap hit is so large for the next 2 seasons that it's highly unlikely that he'll be cut.
    Last edited by BeatYale; 02-15-2013 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Brown and Will Hill

Both combined salaries would be less than $2 million a year.

Rolle sucks and is overpaid, he should be cut but I doubt that happens. It should be 1) KP 2) Brown 3) Hill
    Rolle doesn't suck at all, quite the opposite actually. He hardly has had a chance to play his natural position since coming here

Rolle is our most versatile Defender: Safety, Corner and even the LB, he's a keeper

Will Hill and Stevie Brown did not play full seasons last year but thier potential is promising.

KP could be retained on the cheap because of his injury history, but was valuable when he played. If Terrel stays, they have talked about him as a Safety moving forward.

to me our Safeties are not a major concern.

LB and Corner? D-Ends and Interior D-Line? Now these concern me.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Anything is possible, but if taking lousy angles on receivers and not covering your man is the definition of being the best Giant defender then rolle is the best. Business keeps rolle in blue. KP will not wear blue in NY next year and his career along with his abilities have been drastically curtailed because of his injuries. Its too bad!!!
    Stevie Brown has shown up more than any other safety on defense this year, followed closely by The Prince at corner.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite_nj View Post
    Rolle was one of the worst Safeties in the league last year.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    I dont see us dumping Rolle this season, while is cap number is big, almost all of it is garunteedd this season, I think it would cause like 7 mil in dead space and only save like 1 mil.

After next season when his number stays at like 9 mil though and we would only have like 2 mil in dead space with like 7 mil saved, they'll likely make a move.
    Try to use information instead of speculation.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-.../antrel-rolle/

7m base + w/o bonus (250k) - 2 years of prorated bonus (2m+2m=4m). Cap savings of 3.25m this year and 9.25m next year (12.5m). Cut him next offseason and it is only 5.25m in cap space saved.

Before everyone starts this includes his restructure from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with that. Honestly our Defense was bad last year, can't be all that worse with those Sash and Hill. Plus the Giants are on a mini rebuild year so anything is possible.
    Sash should not play major snaps I would of cut him instead of puttting Coe on IR. Will Hill can play and should see more time this season. Rolle needs to go

+ Reply to Thread