+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Rolle is our most versatile Defender: Safety, Corner and even the LB, he's a keeper

    Will Hill and Stevie Brown did not play full seasons last year but thier potential is promising.

    KP could be retained on the cheap because of his injury history, but was valuable when he played. If Terrel stays, they have talked about him as a Safety moving forward.

    to me our Safeties are not a major concern.

    LB and Corner? D-Ends and Interior D-Line? Now these concern me.
    Playing safety and CB below average for 9 million a year is a terrible deal for the Giants. I really dont see why they keep him.

  2. #32
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Rolle is our most versatile Defender: Safety, Corner and even the LB, he's a keeper

    Will Hill and Stevie Brown did not play full seasons last year but thier potential is promising.

    KP could be retained on the cheap because of his injury history, but was valuable when he played. If Terrel stays, they have talked about him as a Safety moving forward.

    to me our Safeties are not a major concern.

    LB and Corner? D-Ends and Interior D-Line? Now these concern me.
    most fans can't seem to accept that about rolle,,they are quick to point that he cant cover, he plays where he does in the 3 safety set for that very reason. losing him would not make us any better, in fact, we would be worse. hill may or may not be able to do it, and do you really trust KP and his knees? sash is awful and brown needs to have another good season before we pencil him in for good.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite_nj View Post
    Losing rolle would be a huge mistake. Him and Stevie where the only two who showed up all season defensively. What games were y'all watching?
    What were u watching Rolle is an awful safety he blows coverage consistently thats why they dont play him deep anymore

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    most fans can't seem to accept that about rolle,,they are quick to point that he cant cover, he plays where he does in the 3 safety set for that very reason. losing him would not make us any better, in fact, we would be worse. hill may or may not be able to do it, and do you really trust KP and his knees? sash is awful and brown needs to have another good season before we pencil him in for good.
    Whats the point of versatility if your below average in everything u do. Can he cover the slot in Man? No, Can he play single high? No, Can he play halves? kind of but he often goes out of position. The best thing he does is play in the box against the run. U dont need a 9 million dollar safety to do that. Will Hill could do what Rolle does . Being versatile is only a good if u do many things well not poorly
    The Defense will be worse until they take his salary and spend it on someone better. Hated that signing from day 1
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-15-2013 at 05:18 PM.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Good lord... and who would replace these guys? Sash and Hill?
    i liked the little bit i saw of Hill last season and i wouldn't be surprised if he isn't right in the mix at safety next season, he will be a very athletic safety who is excellent against the run..

  6. #36
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Whats the point of versatility if your below average in everything u do. Can he cover the slot in Man? No, Can he play single high? No, Can he play halves? kind of but he often goes out of position. The best thing he does is play in the box against the run. U dont need a 9 million dollar safety to do that. Will Hill could do what Rolle does . Being versatile is only a good if u do many things well not poorly
    The Defense will be worse until they take his salary and spend it on someone better. Hated that signing from day 1
    will hill can do it based on what? and if he could as you say,,why is rolle still here? the FO obviously disagrees with you,,,rolle is not here to be a cover guy,,he is here to play the run stopping hybrid LB which is a must for the 3 safety set to work. so who do you suggest we replace him with?

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    will hill can do it based on what? and if he could as you say,,why is rolle still here? the FO obviously disagrees with you,,,rolle is not here to be a cover guy,,he is here to play the run stopping hybrid LB which is a must for the 3 safety set to work. so who do you suggest we replace him with?
    Will see if he is still here come training camp. This is the 1st year they could realistically cut him. just because he hasnt been yet doesnt mean he wont. Might be waiting to see if they can resign Brown and Phillips.
    Read back what your writing and think about is that the best way to spend money on a team. 9 Million on a safety that cant play the pass . No wonder why this Defense is awful thats ridiculous

  8. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,128
    Quote Originally Posted by RichGiants81 View Post
    Rolle doesn't suck at all, quite the opposite actually. He hardly has had a chance to play his natural position since coming here
    What is his natural position?

    He was drafted as a CB and was moved to Safety, not because of old age, but because of poor coverage ability. The Giants signed him as a Safety, he looked bad out there all season. We had a CB that had more tackles and interceptions than Rolle that season. The following season he was moved to CB in Nickle defense because of a bunch of injuries. Then we were reminded of why he was moved to Safety to begin with. The only place he seems to have significant value is as in-the-box Safety, but that isn't what he was given the big contract for. We needed a center fielder who would be a Safety net for big pass plays, which sadly is his biggest weakness because he's not very good at keeping the play in front of him.

    IMO Rolle is JR's worst FA signing.
    Last edited by BeatYale; 02-15-2013 at 07:20 PM.

  9. #39
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    rolle is not here to be a cover guy,,he is here to play the run stopping hybrid LB
    Pretty sure we signed him for the presumed ballhawk playmaking ability that he showed flashes of at Arizona. Sadly, he has not been that guy at all for us.

  10. #40
    if I'm not mistaken Rolle blew a number of coverages last season when he was supposed to giving help over the top which resulted in big plays

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts