+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Notebook: Reese's Bites

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...k-reeses-bites

Excerpt: "Giants general manager Jerry Reese spoke with the media on Saturday and touched on a number of topics.

Here are some highlights from his session with reporters:

On where the Giants stand salary cap-wise and if he needs to clear more cap space for free agency: "Well, you always need more cap room. Right now, were in pretty good position. Would probably like to be in better position, but were OK."

On where negotiations with Victor Cruz and a possible contract extension stand? "Really nothing to report right now with respect to that. All of our contracts, guys, its really nothing to share with the media, so I dont have a lot of comments about where we are with contracts."

On if he expects David Baas, Chris Snee and Hakeem Nicks to be ready for training camp after all underwent offseason surgeries: "I think they will be ready, yeah."

On John Mara's comments that the Giants likely will not use the franchise tag: "We keep all our options open. John and Steve Tisch own the team, they can say whatever they want. But I would like to say we would like to keep all of our options open with respect to that."

On whether there will be more tough cuts before free agency to clear more cap space:"Im not sure. Im not sure. Well see." Read more...
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Just like Coughlin, he gives no real answers, I guess it's the Giants way.

On whether he has approached Corey Webster and David Diehl about their contracts: "I have no comment on that."

I was really glad when I read that Ohm asked that question. Just wasn't happy with the response. The fact that Reese didn't want to comment on it is enough for me though. Just reading between the lines it's almost inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    This is one of the reasons Reese didn't reveal much during his presser.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
    At '07 combine, Reese said NYG would look at McGahee + media killed him w/ tampering charges. Don't blame him for saying nothing these days.

I just wasted 5 minutes of my life to find out Tuck will be here next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    The problem is, they do not have any real answers. This is meaningless talk that no one takes seriously. Action is what counts and I waiting to see the action. Until then, anything that comes out of their mouths is nothing.

I'm not mad or angry at all in how the Giants and Reese conduct their business, in fact they run things in a very professional way. Heck just look how the Jets and Cowboys go around venting every gas they pass along in the FO . No thanks I like the way things are.

Basically, Jerry Reese could have answered all those questions with one word, "Patience". Oh wait, I hope everyone realizes it's ESPN or the media in general and maybe that's why Reese isn't giving them much to blow up into a guessing story.

He is really not going to say much right now; however, I like to hear what he has to say post draft about his picks.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    He is really not going to say much right now; however, I like to hear what he has to say post draft about his picks.
    +1 That's the news conference that counts.