Closed Thread
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Herm Edwards you ingrate!!

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    Tedy Bruschi says Eli is the best QB in the NFL on the airwaves no link sorry.
    Bruschi was drinking too many brewskies when he made that comment. That was too easy .
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzlesticks View Post
    That doesn't make any sense.
    That's true. They really don't have menus at Grammy's house.
    Herm Edwards should be ended!!!!
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm sorry...I know we beat Tom Brady and the Pats twice but who in God's name did we supposedly beat twice to get to the SB?
    I think the gmenhq writer thinks that Rodgers was the QB both times we beat GB to get to the SB. However, we beat a future HoFer in Favre the first go around.

That's fine.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I think the gmenhq writer thinks that Rodgers was the QB both times we beat GB to get to the SB. However, we beat a future HoFer in Favre the first go around.
    Oh I know who he meant. Its just that the author is an idiot. To bring up the Pro Bowls is nonsense. He was a substitute in all 3 when other QB's didn't want to go.
    Its just ridiculous. Bringing up Edwards record for God's sake? He was a good assistant coach and not a very good HC. But he played in the league a long time and had success both as a player and a coach. he obviously knows a heck a lot about the NFL. You can disagree...that's fine. But to tell fans (none of whom every won a single game in the NFL as a HC or assistant, including this writer) that his record as a HC disqualifies him from commenting on current players is rather ......."Cultish".
    Get well soon 80.

Oh I know who he meant. Its just that the author is an idiot. To bring up the Pro Bowls is nonsense. He was a substitute in all 3 when other QB's didn't want to go.
    Its just ridiculous. Bringing up Edwards record for God's sake? He was a good assistant coach and not a very good HC. But he played in the league a long time and had success both as a player and a coach. he obviously knows a heck a lot about the NFL. You can disagree...that's fine. But to tell fans (none of whom every won a single game in the NFL as a HC or assistant, including this writer) that his record as a HC disqualifies him from commenting on current players is rather ......."Cultish".
    Not a substitute last year.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzlesticks View Post
    That doesn't make any sense.
    Herm Edwards rarely makes sense, and he's about as articulate as Mumbles from **** Tracy!
    If it weren't for THE FUMBLE, nobody would have ever remembered his name.
    Eli's career stats to date are very impressive, and no amount of Eli hating can change that fact.
    ESPN is like FOX news in that they have an agenda (Bad Mouth The Giants Whenever Possible) and they stick to the script.
    Last edited by bigblue58; 02-14-2013 at 07:45 PM.

While I agree that we shouldn't personally insult Herm, he also shouldn't insult Eli by telling him to sit at the kids table or whatever, that's just a low blow.

Without getting into the "is Eli elite or not" conversation, I completely disagree with the thought that there can only be a certain number of elite QBs in the league. They aren't exactly competing against each other. If 8 QB's are playing dominant football year in and year out and carving up defenses, then there are 8 elite QB's.

I am not trying to say that there are 8 elite qb's, I am just using the number 8 as an example because it was used in the article. Nor am I claiming that Eli is elite or not.

Frankly, I am so sick of the word elite, and think it should be banned from the boards. lol

Closed Thread