Closed Thread
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Oh I know who he meant. Its just that the author is an idiot. To bring up the Pro Bowls is nonsense. He was a substitute in all 3 when other QB's didn't want to go.
    Its just ridiculous. Bringing up Edwards record for God's sake? He was a good assistant coach and not a very good HC. But he played in the league a long time and had success both as a player and a coach. he obviously knows a heck a lot about the NFL. You can disagree...that's fine. But to tell fans (none of whom every won a single game in the NFL as a HC or assistant, including this writer) that his record as a HC disqualifies him from commenting on current players is rather ......."Cultish".
    Eli was only an alternate last year.

I wasn't old enough to really remember Herm play (I was 9 or 10 when he retired), but I do agree you can't necessarily point to a player's career as a negative about their analysis. However, I think you can look at their coaching credentials to a certain degree.

You should also drop the cult thing; it's just inflammatory and doesn't do anything positive for a discussion topic that is difficult enough already to keep civil.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Not a substitute last year.
    He was like 3rd alternate last year. Bob, Rodgers and Ryan dropped out. In fact, all 3 QBs on the NFC team were alternates.

I like Herm Edwards and I really dont care what he thinks of Eli....

So he doesnt think he belongs with the greats in the league right now.......so what
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    He was like 3rd alternate last year. Bob, Rodgers and Ryan dropped out. In fact, all 3 QBs on the NFC team were alternates.
    Sorry, I meant 2011. I keep forgetting it's 2013 lol.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Sorry, I meant 2011. I keep forgetting it's 2013 lol.
    No doubt. 2013 is the only year he was an alternate, though.

ROOOOOAAAAR Rabble Rabble

*Throws chair out window and goes back to watching cat videos on youtube*

Quote Originally Posted by fizzlesticks View Post
    That doesn't make any sense.
    It doesn't...at all. LOL

I can understand when different people have their different ideas on who they would call elite or not. The topic is truly debateable. But to say that Eli cannot order off the menu is crazy. A bit drastic, to be exact. The debate over elite, seems to sometimes come to be a popularity debate. I understand that Eli might not win a popularity contest, but his numbers will. Eli is clutch. Just ask Deion Sanders. I know, he started out being sarcastic about Eli but when it came to the Eli argument, he shut a lot of people down!!!!! Herm wouldn't know a QB if he was hiking the ball to one. That is not his specialty. I want to know what "Chuckie" thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    Herm Edwards was one of the worst coaches in the NFL, period. His opinions mean nothing.
    this

**** that gang green **** *** P.O.S wannabe coach

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

wow......bunch of cry babies.
    So he doesnt think Eli is a football god.. some of you need to calm the %$# down......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Closed Thread