Closed Thread
Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Eli talks about what happens when called out in the video. Watch starting at about 1:40. It is funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyIcPveCFk
    thank you
    see he likes being called out. when he was called skittish by the GM, he stepped it up. tiki comments he stepped it up. when he said he was as good as brady ,people laughed and mocked and Eli delivered . now herm -lets see.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I don't think it's right to get personal. He was simply an average ball player and an abysmal failure as a coach. That's not personal is it?? lol
    No but it is an ad-hominem attack which is considered a weak argument -- because you're attacking the credibility of the person who made the statement, not the validity of the statement itself.

But in either case it doesn't matter, because Herm is a non-credible person making a non-credible statement.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I find this ironic that folks on this boards are actually more upset about Herm Edwards comments about Eli manning than they are about his "miracle at the Meadowlands." Man, that one hurts.
    Less than half the people on these boards understand the reference to the "debacle at the Meadowlands" believing that the history of the world happened in the last 30 days.
    No one remembers who came in second.

All-Pro
    When did Eli ever play defense? He must have played defense if he beat other QB's because QB's don't play on the field at the same time to say he ever beat a QB. Who was the QB that he beat twice in his own house to go to the Super Bowl twice? Oh, and Rogers is the best QB in the game today.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Oh, and Rogers is the best QB in the game today.
    I am going to call BS on this statement simply because if he were the best QB in the game today, you would know that his last name is Rodgers and not Rogers. JMO, though.

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    Herm Edwards was one of the worst coaches in the NFL, period. His opinions mean nothing.
    That's actually not true at all.

Herm was not a horrible coach. He was the kind of coach that would take a team with 11-5 talent and go 9-7. There have certainly been worse coaches than Herm.
    Last edited by TCHOF; 02-15-2013 at 10:24 AM.

I'm getting more than a little tired of people implying that there is something wrong with those of us who defend Eli!
    I'm not drinking some kind of "Eli Manning is great" koolade, I simply rebutt any Eli criticism that I personally find to be unfair.
    Too many members here are acting like self appointed "thread police" lately ...criticizing others for starting threads they deem unworthy of existence!

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I like Herm Edwards and I really dont care what he thinks of Eli....

So he doesnt think he belongs with the greats in the league right now.......so what
    YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME ..... HELLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    If he wants to call Eli "not elite", go right ahead. Eli sure didn't look elite for most of this past season anyway.

But to call him a "child" is just outright ridiculous. Two super bowl MVPs doesn't give Eli the right to sit at the grown-ups table?

Oh and Morehead, I would just like to point out that I only attacked the point, no ad hominem against Herm in the above comments I just made. So I don't want to hear that...
    He wasn't calling anyone a child. he was trying (and obviously failing) to make a slightly humorous analogy.
    Everyone needs to calm down here. He wasn't trying to insult anyone.

And I was talking about the general tone of the thread and not going after any specific poster. I know I'm a pain but I just gotta call this **** out sometimes.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    I'm getting more than a little tired of people implying that there is something wrong with those of us who defend Eli!
    I'm not drinking some kind of "Eli Manning is great" koolade, I simply rebutt any Eli criticism that I personally find to be unfair.
    Too many members here are acting like self appointed "thread police" lately ...criticizing others for starting threads they deem unworthy of existence!
    Wow...what a great post. It is very obvious that some posters main agenda on this board is to try to make any "fan" of Eli feel like they've done something wrong by defending him. Just about every Eli topic eventually spins in that direction...as if they have some sort of phobia. It's as if they feel their main purpose in life is to try to demean every accomplishment and to exagerate any mistake he makes.

Closed Thread