Closed Thread
Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    This is ridiculous. How do you compare the two this season?
    I was just using your "the defense sucked by Eli threw picks". Okay well Brees threw 43 touchdowns and 19 picks, 5 of them in one game. But because his stats are good then it was a successful season, woo!
    I thought we had something special!!!

The point is consistency. What game this year could you say that Eli was playing so we and the defense lost the game? Yes, the defense stunk, but he was not playing well either. Last year, until the defense some up he was carrying the team. See, one year great, the next year not. No consistency.
    no disrespect but ur hypocritical here. so rodgers gets the excuse for not being superman 2 yrs in a row bc of his D, but bc eli isnt superman 2 yrs in a row and carries all the defencies its bc of a void in talent or skill or sumthin

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Because of other factors other people seem to ignore which is a hobbled Ahmad, an inconsistent o line and passing game. For ANYONE else, this is a good excuse, but for Eli it's not. That's my problem.
    Like who? You make it sound like Eli is the only QB to deal with injuries. What's next? The OL? Look at Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, and Brady. They have all dealt with injuries and losing their targets while not always having the best OL's yet they stay consistent. When Eli is good he is really good. Just not as consistent as others.

All-Pro
    I was just using your "the defense sucked by Eli threw picks". Okay well Brees threw 43 touchdowns and 19 picks, 5 of them in one game. But because his stats are good then it was a successful season, woo!
    Was their season bad because of Brees? No. Not putting the entire season on Eli, but he did not play as well as he did the year before.

Like who? You make it sound like Eli is the only QB to deal with injuries. What's next? The OL? Look at Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, and Brady. They have all dealt with injuries and losing their targets while not always having the best OL's yet they stay consistent. When Eli is good he is really good. Just not as consistent as others.
    This is what I'm trying to point out to you. ALL of them go through injuries, things like that, that can effect certain outcomes. It happens.

Was their season bad because of Brees? No. Not putting the entire season on Eli, but he did not play as well as he did the year before.
    And what changed? Cruz had tons of drops....Nicks was injured all season and we lost Manningham.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

We know this.

All-Pro
    This is what I'm trying to point out to you. ALL of them go through injuries, things like that, that can effect certain outcomes. It happens.
    Right, but they remain consistent.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    And what changed? Cruz had tons of drops....Nicks was injured all season and we lost Manningham.
    Still, last year when guys missed games and Cruz had some drops he was still much better.

I'm convinced that Buddy is a creation of a poster here who just trolls to pull our leg. I would love to find out who he is.

Closed Thread