Closed Thread
Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    if theres one thing thats diminished over time, besides peoples memory of that NE D, its of that NE OL. That OL was and still is in some regards phenomenal. That 07 OL in particular, they really just allowed Brady to stand tall all season and face minimal pressure. its bc of that ironically that brady was no where near ready for the DL onslaught that we saw sb 42. that DL played lights out all game, but "all game" was shortened bc the offense pitched in some too...granted, woulda liked for them to score more earlier, but that redzone int and just missed opportunities werent dentrimental bc the DL took over until the O got it going. Id say both SB,s it wasnt our entire unit played lights out all game, it was that our O would help the D out when needed, and the D helped the O out when needed...
    The helmet catch took away from the real story of that SB. Our pass rush. That Pats O line was invincible all season and we absolutely abused them.
    I give Brady great credit because he continued to stand tall in the pocket and take a lot of hits. But he hadn't seen that kind of pressure all season.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    damn, those qbs posted those numbers head2head? thats a lot of yards/tds/ints for 2 games...

and it my opinion, i was merely presenting it bc a poster was trying to diminish elis performance vs gb using the very reason he so often calls an excuse by giants fans when applying his point to eli...the reg season game id say was a draw, the playoff game, eli outplayed rodgers and aint no one gonna make me think otherwise. that first half, eli was connecting on 3rd and long repeatedly...he was making difficult throws 20 yards downfield or more with more accuracy and precision than rodgers was and it wasnt even close. therefore, i feel confident saying eli outplayed rodgers head2head...reg. season rodgers overall was better than eli but i factor in reg season/postseason when evaluating a year anyways were i to compare them on their yearly output

classic edit too lmfao. u didnt understand my post at all and ur response actually got someone else to confuse something i thought was blatant with the whole "head2head" and then discussing ONLY the two games they played each other...but ok. ur original and then edited post IS what exactly starts **** with a lot of people, u misunderstood something than used ur misunderstanding to make it "the most bizarre post bc the threads getting out of hand"...

the funny thing is, the 1rst time i actually click "unhide post from ignored user" is that edited gem lmao not making that mistake twice (i prob will)
    That was a close call. Knowing you, you would say something like eli had a better season and truly mean it so i wasnt too sure. It's a huge relief to know that you didnt mean it that way. And why remove me from ignore? I would keep me there.
    Because if Eli has another off year you're not going to want to read any of my comments lol
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I have stated numerous times that numbers do not tell the entire story and you know I have stated this. I bring up different games with different teams in response to your invalid point.

Now, lets hear from you, how Aaron Rodgers is a more successful post season QB than Eli Manning.
    Well if numbers dont tell the whole story, then we cant really discuss this because there would be no facts to back up what we say. I dont have game footage to show you. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. If the numbers were not in the favor of my argument, i might have also used the "ummm well, you know the numbers dont always tell the truth" line as well. Its like a get out of jail free card. well played.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Well if numbers dont tell the whole story, then we cant really discuss this because there would be no facts to back up what we say. I dont have game footage to show you. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. If the numbers were not in the favor of my argument, i might have also used the "ummm well, you know the numbers dont always tell the truth" line as well. Its like a get out of jail free card. well played.
    I thought you didn't like stats?
    Will Hill is the J.R. Smith of the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    "False Propoganda" is redundant.
    Is that a true fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I tried everything rudy. I tried quotes from players themselves, ive tried showing videos of what other nfl players has said, ive tried game footage. I even break things down line for line. ive done everything and there is always an excuse.

What do you do if you want to prove something nowadays?

~Big Mike~

I tried everything rudy. I tried quotes from players themselves, ive tried showing videos of what other nfl players has said, ive tried game footage. I even break things down line for line. ive done everything and there is always an excuse.What do you do if you want to prove something nowadays?
    Do what I do, run people over.

lmao i see what u did there

Do what I do, run people over.
    We gotta work on those jokes

~Big Mike~

We gotta work on those jokes
    ..Jokes? I think you're mistakened.

Closed Thread