Closed Thread
Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    So then why keep saying its ok to lose as long as you look good doing so. No one said that.
    Gumby 74 said that, by saying "playing well consistently is everything".

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    You've never seen Animal House?

Not sober and probably not in near 15 or so years. lol

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Gumby 74 said that, by saying "playing well consistently is everything".
    You disagree?

So now you are predicting what would have happened if he didn't get sacked?
    Check at roughly the 6 minute mark. That's about as guaranteed a TD as they come in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...ers-highlights

All-Pro
    So now we are to believe that IF this play doesn't happen they score a TD. So lets go back and look at every could have happened play to try to determine who should have won a game. Lol.

"Leave him alone, he's on a roll."
    well done.....
    Get well soon 80.

So now we are to believe that IF this play doesn't happen they score a TD. So lets go back and look at every could have happened play to try to determine who should have won a game. Lol.
    So, fumbling on a play that would have resulted in a TD doesn't affect the outcome of a game? Especially in a game that was close at the time? Do you believe that play could have been a momentum shifter? If you answered no to any of these questions, please seek professional help.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    So then let me ask you something. If you place such a big emphasis on winning, and as you said already that winning is the consumate team achievement, does that make a player who performed poorly on a winning team a good player? After all, he's a winner right?

That is essentially what you are saying. I personally find that ridiculous. If I have a team of 5 people who work for me and we just won a 5 million dollar advertising contract, but 1 of those 5 team members is an underperformer, trust me, I'll replace that 1 guy as soon as I can. Win or lose, he's not pulling his weight and is a detriment to the team.

And regarding Packer fans. The fact that Rodgers played well but still lost a bunch of playoff games means that fans know that Rodgers did his job and he was not to the reason why they lost. While they'll give their right arm for another SB win, they know that blaming Rodgers is just silly.

The point gotten from this post is that it's a team sport and an individual is only a smallish % of the overall outcome. Being a good or bad performer is absolute. Winning or losing should have no bearing on that.
    Since this thread -- as meandering as it's been -- is centered ultimately around Eli and his overall level of play, and not some hypothetical "player who performed poorly on a winning team, let's stick to him.

How many Giants wins since the middle of 2004 have involved games that Eli "played poorly" in?

Are you suggesting Eli "played poorly" in any of the 8 post season games--out of a total of 11--the Giants have won since 2004? If so, which ones would you make that claim for?

If you are not suggesting the above question concerning Eli, then why are you even bringing up the hypothetical "player who performed poorly on a winning team"??

You have now disintegrated into a transition to the hypothetical to support an opinion, rather than adhere to the subject at hand. You have the right to do so, but it does nothing for your argument, and smells kinda desperate. You're better than that.

I love how the question was "Did Aaron Rodgers fumble" and he did...OH BUT NOW IT DOESN'T MATTER!
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    So, fumbling on a play that would have resulted in a TD doesn't affect the outcome of a game? Especially in a game that was close at the time? Do you believe that play could have been a momentum shifter? If you answered no to any of these questions, please seek professional help.
    The play had is importance, no doubt. So did the interception that Eli threw. That was in the red zone. Have to assume that took point off the board no? Also, this play in no way means he didn't play well. It was a great defensive play. The defense was great the entire post season.

Closed Thread