Closed Thread
Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    That's where the ball was intercepted. We never had possession of the ball in the redzone though.
    Right because it was intercepted.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    There is one big difference here. You win as a team. You perform as an individual. So as an individual, the best you can do is perform well. Whether or not you win or lose is more or less out of your control.And yes, performing well, even in losses is very important. It's essentially saying that you weren't part of the reason your team lost and you did your work.
    This is so true. Can't see how this is being disputed. What benefit does not playing consistent ever have?
    Last edited by Buddy333; 02-20-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Doesn't mean it wasn't a wasted drive. It's your opinion though so that's okay.
    It was momentum killing as well as game impacting and it was all on Aaron Rodgers.
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 02-21-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    I have a question for you or anyone who wants to answer it. This question is not who is better in post season, pre season, regular season, off season, off the field, in the December or anything like that. the question is this.

Who is the better all around Quarterback? Eli Manning or Aaron Rodgers?
    So, are you going to answer the question or not? Here, I will post it again for you. Who is the more successful post season QB, Aaron Rodgers or
    Eli Manning?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Actually, that play wasn't so much lucky as it was great execution on our part and lax defensive effort on GBs part.

And how is that play even germane to this discussion?
    He will continue to bring it up to try and state how miserable Green Bay's defense was and there was no blame on Aaron Rodgers. Funny because that defense led NFL in take aways that year and was good enough for them to go 15-1.

That play was executed perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    So, are you going to answer the question or not? Here, I will post it again for you. Who is the more successful post season QB, Aaron Rodgers or
    Eli Manning?

eli is the more successful post season qb.

Now answer my question. WHo is the better all around QB? rodgers or eli?
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    eli is the more successful post season qb.

Now answer my question. WHo is the better all around QB? rodgers or eli?
    You have already read my view on this in a different thread but I will write it again if you like. After this season and the way Aaron Rodgers basically carried his team to the playoffs, I don't think there is any way around it and I would rate him as the better all around QB than Eli Manning. I would think that the list would have to be 1-Tom Brady 2-Peyton Manning 3-Aaron Rodgers. I would put Eli Manning at number 4 but it is very close between him Drew Brees and Ben Rothlisberger so I can see how some would have him at number 5. I also think that there is no way to ignore Joe Flacco. In fact, I think that he is very much like Eli Manning was at the same point in his career.

You have already read my view on this in a different thread but I will write it again if you like. After this season and the way Aaron Rodgers basically carried his team to the playoffs, I don't think there is any way around it and I would rate him as the better all around QB than Eli Manning. I would think that the list would have to be 1-Tom Brady 2-Peyton Manning 3-Aaron Rodgers. I would put Eli Manning at number 4 but it is very close between him Drew Brees and Ben Rothlisberger so I can see how some would have him at number 5. I also think that there is no way to ignore Joe Flacco. In fact, I think that he is very much like Eli Manning was at the same point in his career.
    Deep down i think rodgers is the best qb in the nfl. I really want to say tom brady, and i almost feel guilty not saying it, but ive seen games where tom played horrible. Same goes for brees, ben, flaco, and peyton. i have never seen a game where rodgers played horrible giving all the circumstances. (not saying he hasnt). But i am yet to see one. Ive seen him miss throws while not under pressure like every qb has. hes only human. But i cant remember ever watching a game and saying rodgers played like crap. i remember being shocked when webster intercepted a pass from him because rodgers rarely turns the ball over.

This year he had 39 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. last year 46 touchdowns 6 interceptions. for the last 4 years no one has played the qb position better than rodgers has.

my list goes rodgers brady, peyton, brees, eli.

I agree with you about eli playing great in the post season. Id take eli in the post season over any qb in the nfl except for rodgers. and again. thats because ive yet to see him play horrible..
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 02-21-2013 at 04:00 AM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

All-Pro
    It was momentum killing as well as game impacting and it was all on Aaron Rodgers.
    It was the first drive if the second half. That impacted the game? Maybe a little but to say that was the game is wrong. How was that all on Rodgers by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Have you ever seen a game where the Giants lost and Eli played well enough to win?
    I've seen games where Rodgers played poorly and the Packers still won. NGCG against he Bears comes to mind. I can't imagine the Giants winning any playoff game if Eli plays poorly.

Closed Thread